Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Default $15+1: JJ- weird limp

Could not find a hand converter for ipoker (titan).
Down to the final 2 tables, 12 players remaining. Prize distribution is top heavy ($1400 for 1st and $38 for 11th?!). I've only shown down premium hands as a result of being mostly card dead and sitting to the right of the big stack for the past hour or so.

Reads:
UTG+1: Was a large stack at one point and very aggressive but since the big stack sat down - has blinded down. Limped folded a few times and limped kk once when the big stack was in the BB.
Button: Mostly typical big stack player. Did raise fold getting 3 to 1 against UTG a few hands ago...
SB: Very loose and aggressive. Whenever Big stack folds, hes taking the lead trying to steal the blinds. Caught trying to steal my BB about 20 hands ago with j2o from EP (I don't blame him as I might of played 5 or 6 hands in the last 25 mins or so). He had around 13 BB at the time. I bit too agro for my taste but I'm weak so what do I know.
BB: Sat down the last hand - no reads

Stacks:
UTG : 18840
UTG+1 : 23752
Hero : 24872
Buton : 76574
SB : 35421
BB: : 36957

Hero dealth: JJ
UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, Hero ?

Every time someone has limped, the big stack or SB guy pushed and it was folded other than the one call by KK. Should I just go all in after the limper or should I be scarred enough that he's limping a monster hand in the hopes of being raised? Be gentle...

I've placed the results in white below:
<font color="white"> Hero limps (I intend to fold if one of the big stacks raised and the MP limper went all in), Button folds, SB goes all in, BB folds, UTG+1 folds (!), I call and lose to the SB horrible pushes with 44 </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: $15+1: JJ- weird limp

1) what are the blinds

2) you need to be doing something that involves raising, not sure exactly how much because of (1), but in general if you have less than 15 BBs or so just shove, and if you have more make a 3.5x raise.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:57 PM

The blinds are at 2400/1200 so I have 10bb or so.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:14 PM

With these blinds,easy push!! Hell.you have 10x BB,if they all fold you increase your stack w 25%!! If they limped again w a big hand....oh well. Can't be scared of monsters under the bed all the time. This is actually supereasy,not only do you shove,but you are happy doing so
Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM

I was seeing monster at that point I guess. The thing that bugged me was that the limper must of played less than 5 hands in the past 30 mins. With his stack size (10bb) I just naturally assumed he was limping a monster with the hopes of getting raised all in by the 2 agro players at the table. Thanx for the input.

I just have to stop over thinking in these situations.