Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Razz -- worst hand wins on Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like there must be some central authority that has a compilation on all the rules and scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tournament director's association? Are there game rules posted at a WSOP site?

Lee Jones?

Hoyle?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 AM

I don't get it.

"highest lowest card"

Is AAA22 the nuts or AA223 or AA234?

Gotta be AAAA2 unless quads count when pairs don't.

I'm so confused...
Old 08-31-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you notice, three different support people have responded so it might be a case of arguing the same thing over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. Many support groups use ficticious names which are randomly appended to the end of anyone's response. It is most likely you have been dealing with the same person and that may be part of the problem. See if you can get to a "SUPERVISOR". It is a sign of weakness for the usual crew to not be able to handle some meaningless complaint.

Keep up the strong work.

Patty
Old 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you notice, three different support people have responded so it might be a case of arguing the same thing over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. Many support groups use ficticious names which are randomly appended to the end of anyone's response. It is most likely you have been dealing with the same person and that may be part of the problem. See if you can get to a "SUPERVISOR". It is a sign of weakness for the usual crew to not be able to handle some meaningless complaint.

Keep up the strong work.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]
Good insight on the support system. I don't think it's a meaningless complaint tho. He has found a clear bug in their software and they are trying to feed him some spinach by telling him it's a cookie. Don't eat the cookie fleshbot!

BTW, you should tell them that you'd like to play 7,3,3,A,A for your showdown hand instead and they should ship you the monies [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 02:40 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a meaningless complaint tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to imply that. I meant that obviously the person handling this isn't looking beyond their Absolute textbook. They are treating it just like any other "meaningless" complaint where the player doesn't "get it".

I think that the issue is a big deal but what is becoming more of a big deal is the inability to penetrate through the usual defenses of support even after multiple trials and actually get something done. Thankfully this didn't happen halfway through a big MTT.

Patty
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Since I'm relatively new to the forum, I thought I'd check out the faq... and what do you know, there is a link to "official" rules! My next message to them will likely include this link:

http://www.cardplayer.com/rules_of_poker/razz

I believe this says it all:

"1. All seven-card stud rules apply in razz except as otherwise noted."

I would like to see them continue to argue that pairs don't play in Razz. If not, exactly what stud hands *do* play?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM

Wow. Crazy. I haven't played much on any sites other than FTP, but I'll make sure to scratch Absolute off the list. It's one thing to have a bug in an admittedly rare situation in a lesser played game...but to have support which appears incapable of recognizing a true problem, that's a deal-breaker.

As mentioned above, if this happened in the middle of an MTT, could be very bad.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 PM

Oof. I've been playing HU there, too. No more I guess.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM

I got another reply:

"We have forwarded your case to our department in charge. You will be contacted as soon as possible."

So, I guess I wait some more. Maybe I'll get an actual answer this time? Possibly even $2.25? ;-)
Old 09-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Wow, must confess I always thought AA did not count as a pair of ones, though I haven't really played much Razz. LOL at me. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Thank God I've never played the WSOP Razz tourney. I can just see me mucking AA in a huge pot on the bubble. I did something similar in a hearts tourney once as they had different rules regarding the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I spaced them in the heat of the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But these "highest low card" e-mails from Absolute's support are just trippy. Wish I'd found this thread at 3am while really drunk/stoned with a big plate of chicken fingers & tater tots and some Miles playing in the background.