Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Fact finding mission. LA vs ATL

My dad suggested just getting out of here for anywhere, at least for the short term, and offered up buddy passes for travel. I might pack up some stuff, leave everything else for now and go somewhere different.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:47 PM

tone,

That sucks, man. As far as where you should live, I can't tell you about a bunch of different places. However, I will say that the general wisdom in this thread of trying this stuff out while you're unencumbered by relationships and families makes a lot of sense. Because your connections seem to be in Atlanta, I think it would be easier down the road to live somewhere on the east coast. For that reason, even if you want to get out of LA, I would find someplace to live on the west coast, as proximity to your family might be a bigger deal down the line. Saves you the drive, too.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My dad suggested just getting out of here for anywhere, at least for the short term, and offered up buddy passes for travel. I might pack up some stuff, leave everything else for now and go somewhere different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawaii!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At least we got it all out of the way before I got tied down to LA and then was kinda stranded with a lease and a job and nothing else. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn't work out, it happens. We both gave it an honest chance.

Moving back to Atlanta is an option but, goddamn driving back across the country (alone) would suck. Since my car is neither paid off nor in my name, even though I've been making the payments, I'd have to get my mom to fly out here and sell the car if I wanted to go that route and fly back. Similarly, I've decided to leave the furniture that was mine here because it's all old, and I refuse to carry some of this stuff back down stairs and drive a truck again.

I'm very mobile right now.

I thought about going back to Atlanta the long way. Driving up the coast, the back across the country. But that costs money too. One of the issues is that I don't have enough cash to pay for a deposit and first month's rent at most places around here. I have the available credit to live, but not get started without a job. And, if I get a job, I'm pretty much tying myself to an area. It looks bad enough that my first job only lasted 7 months, I don't want to make that a pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool places to move to if your not looking to go all the way back to Atl.

San Diego,CA
Scottsdale,AZ
Denver,CO
San Fran,CA

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can survive in a pretty nice area of SD on $30k, I'm sure mm can survive also.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 PM

'T0ne,

Sucks, dude. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I could use a roommate. Consider getting your ass back to Georgia. Or wander the earth like Kane from Kung Fu; either way is good.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At least we got it all out of the way before I got tied down to LA and then was kinda stranded with a lease and a job and nothing else. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn't work out, it happens. We both gave it an honest chance.

Moving back to Atlanta is an option but, goddamn driving back across the country (alone) would suck. Since my car is neither paid off nor in my name, even though I've been making the payments, I'd have to get my mom to fly out here and sell the car if I wanted to go that route and fly back. Similarly, I've decided to leave the furniture that was mine here because it's all old, and I refuse to carry some of this stuff back down stairs and drive a truck again.

I thought about going back to Atlanta the long way. Driving up the coast, the back across the country. But that costs money too. One of the issues is that I don't have enough cash to pay for a deposit and first month's rent at most places around here. I have the available credit to live, but not get started without a job. And, if I get a job, I'm pretty much tying myself to an area. It looks bad enough that my first job only lasted 7 months, I don't want to make that a pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

San Diego,CA
Scottsdale,AZ
Denver,CO
San Fran,CA

[/ QUOTE ]

If I can survive in a pretty nice area of SD on $30k, I'm sure mm can survive also.

[/ QUOTE ]

what u do for a livin?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 AM

't0ne,

Sorry to hear about the breakup. I would like to compliment you on your avoidance of whining over it. The torrent of it in OOT gets to be tedious. Soldier on bro, hope the living arrangements work out well.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM

't0ne,

Wow, I'm shocked. My condolences. Didn't you have a really good job too before you left Atlanta? Ouch. Best of luck and if you come back to Atlanta, you are definitely invited to party with us anytime you'd like.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Dude,

Sorry to hear about it but you seem to be taking it pretty well. Your situation kind of reminds me of myself a bit. Why don't you go with the flow now instead of running back home, see where it takes you. The trick is not to try and plan it out. If you do that you place limitations on yourself based only on what your experiences up to this point have been.

Keep an open mind and you may well be surprised with where you end up in a relatively short period of time.

All the best,

ads.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

San Diego,CA
Scottsdale,AZ
Denver,CO
San Fran,CA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what u do for a livin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Environmental work. RIght now I got a gig working with hazardous waste. It sucks, but it's paying the bills. I make more than $30k with all my overtime though and I've been supplementing with some live poker.