FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

UB deserves a serious assraping for not shipping my money to epassporte...ive been waiting for an hour and a half that is a long time for any 18 yr old to wait for anything that isnt pussy or beer.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM

Klinz, looks like a fine laydown.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: I got a new beer fridge for the basement.

Brag: Beer was 10% off at the liquor store [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a single Guinness/Murphy can?

And what's with all that clear liquid in the plastic bottles taking up valuable beer space?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brag: I got a new beer fridge for the basement.

Brag: Beer was 10% off at the liquor store [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a single Guinness/Murphy can?

And what's with all that clear liquid in the plastic bottles taking up valuable beer space?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still working on adding variety. Today added three new varieties and replenished the depleted Newcastle. Guinness would be a welcome addition. Ive never had Murphy - is that like Guinness at all? I should add some Heineken and Grolsch soon too.

I've been told that drinking the clear liquid during the day while you're working allows you to focus better (I work at home) and too much of that Monster stuff makes you bounce off the walls.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM

just turned 21 - trip #1 to vegas - hotel recommendations? - tourneys to play $100-$200 range? baller I know...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 PM

I think I am getting addicted to MTTs after having escaped them thus far. THANKS LACKY.

BTW, are u or anybody deep in anything tonight? I want to stop playing, but still want to watch some poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just turned 21 - trip #1 to vegas - hotel recommendations? - tourneys to play $100-$200 range? baller I know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Venetian evening tournament prob. a good choice. Stay away from Caesar's which now has a ridiculously high rake.

Hotel? Anywhere with a topless pool. If I was 21 and not a dork (hey, I'm 1 for 2) then Hard Rock would be pretty close to the top of my list. I think Mandalay Bay just redid their pool area to make it super-balla, and there are good cash games there also FWIW.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Treasure Island is very nice and a lot cheaper than the other high class strip hotels - this is if you dont want to rent a car.

I prefer the Orleans - which is located about a mile or two west of the strip. Nice hotel, great service, very good beds, big rooms, the best a/c / climate control of any vegas rooms IMO, and they have a very big card room where it never takes long to get a seat in the game of your choice. Rent a car if you stay there.

Tourneys: Caesars had $130 at noon and $220 at 7pm, but I understand they changed the nooner recently. Not sure what its like there now, but they had good starting stacks and decent structures.

Ventian has a $180 game at 8pm that is probably the best value in town. Good starting stacks and good structure.

Sahara is kind of a dive, but they run pretty good cheaper tourneys. Three times a day they have $62 tourneys with 5000 chips. Best cheaper tourney anywhere.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Sounds like you don't have too much money, so the Imperial Palace has a nice location center strip and it doesn't cost too much. A lot of people like the tournaments at the Orleans (though you will need a car to drive there).
I think live NL 200 cash is super soft. If you can afford it, the 1/3 NL game at the Wynn is super soft. Get a players card, you get 1.50 an hour, so after a 10 hour session, ask for a meal.

BTW, the Imper Palace has a spa with a gym (treadmills, stat bikes, and weights)that closes at like 6 PM that you can use for 10 bucks for the whole day (u could get a massage for more). I found that hitting that and the tables after all the unhealthy living I do in Vegas made me feel great and gave better results. The spa is in the tower, take an immediate left and take the elevator up.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM

Thanks to those who asked, but yes I do live in Peru and yes I am fine. Earthquake woke me up from an afternoon snooze, but was about 700k north of me. I live in Arequipa and we have earthquakes all the time, so you get used to them (also surrounded by three active volcanos ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Main problem is for people on the coast where the epicentre was, Ica, Pisco and Chincha. They aren't so used to them and their houses are built less robustly. They are in deep Sh......

Interestingly we've had a few while I've been playing; I generally type in the chat that I might be a bit slow in betting, but it's because we're having an earthquake and they give me the willies ... I don't think anyone has believed me yet, but it's true!

Nice post Lacky btw
Closed Thread