Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 11:18 AM

Default I haven\'t played limit in about a year, how have the games changed?

The last time I had played 6 max I was 8 tabling the 2-4 and 3-6 games and winning at a good clip (in the good ol days on Party.) After the ban on the US Players (I believe it was this time last October) I switched to Stars and took up NL. I have played exclusively Nl Full Ring for the past year

In the past week, I have played about 5k hands in the 2-4 6 max games and I wanted to know if what I played in over these last 5k hands was the "norm" nowadays.

It seems that calldowns have become much much lighter, with people frequently calling down a Pre flop raiser with Botton Pair, people are always calling down their A high and people are checkraising and 3 betting with nothing on a regaular basis, this included TAG's as well as LAG's.

I find getting check raised on the turn means a a good hand just as often as it means air or a draw. It seems the players have adopted a much more LAG style of play

How have the games changed?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: I haven\'t played limit in about a year, how have the games changed

more ppl with "tag" stats. more hu spots. more contested pots. more lighter calldowns especially hu. more late aggressive stealing and blind stealing.

still beatable though if you're a goot player, even with the rake. if you're just an ok player, and you suck at protecting your blinds and attacking them, i wouldn't suggest sh limit for such player.

2/4 is definitely easier than 3/6. 3/6 is more aggro and 2/4 more passive. sometimes you have 5/T-10/20 regulars dropping down to 3/6, but they don't seem to want to drop to 2/4. also the 1/3 blind structure can be tricky in the 3/6 game. ppl lose a ton in the blinds in the 3/6 game because they don't adjust to this structure.