Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

Yes. I agree.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Hope this hadn't been asked, but each time I update to a new version, I seem to lose all my preferences. I checked your FAQ and saw something related to it but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in the first place.

When I install it, and the overwrite window comes up, do I just let it overwrite everything? In updating to 1.11a from 1.07, I only let it overwrite my Realtime.exe, not my cards0 or prefs. However, my preferences are now gone. I think I did this before as well (updating to 1.07) and not only did I lose all my prefs but I also lost all the processed hands RT had in its own db (this time I didn't lose all my hands). I do this btw, because I use a diff cards0.png than what you offer and so when I choose not to let it overwrite my selected cards0, I thought it'd be reasonable not to let my prefs.txt overwrite as well, but I think i'm missing something key here =/

In any case, it's a tremendous headache having to redo the preferences each time I update, am I doing something wrong or is there a way to save my preferences or anything so that in the future I can prevent this? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 02:02 AM

There might be a better way to do it, but this is what I do...

I make a new folder for each new version, unzip the file to it, copy the preferences file over from the old folder, make a new desktop shortcut that points to the new RT file. (You can also copy your cards0 file(s) over from the old folder to the new)

Easy to recover if there is a problem with the new version.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 AM

Yeah I was thinking that's what I'd do next time if there's no other normal alternative (because I'm kinda forgetful about these sorts of things). Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope this hadn't been asked, but each time I update to a new version, I seem to lose all my preferences. I checked your FAQ and saw something related to it but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in the first place.

When I install it, and the overwrite window comes up, do I just let it overwrite everything? In updating to 1.11a from 1.07, I only let it overwrite my Realtime.exe, not my cards0 or prefs. However, my preferences are now gone. I think I did this before as well (updating to 1.07) and not only did I lose all my prefs but I also lost all the processed hands RT had in its own db (this time I didn't lose all my hands). I do this btw, because I use a diff cards0.png than what you offer and so when I choose not to let it overwrite my selected cards0, I thought it'd be reasonable not to let my prefs.txt overwrite as well, but I think i'm missing something key here =/

In any case, it's a tremendous headache having to redo the preferences each time I update, am I doing something wrong or is there a way to save my preferences or anything so that in the future I can prevent this? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have just picked unlucky times to update. There was one update earlier that required a new and rebuilt database. I also needed a new pref file for either 1.10 or 1.11... I think it had something to do with the new mouse-over stat boxes? I'm sure mike could give you a better answer, but other than two updates, I don't think I've had to mess with my database/preferences.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at Fozzy's popup crash. I didn't find it but I think the problem may have been fixed when I was making the detail windows draggable. I spent 5 mins just mashing the mouse buttons and couldn't get it to crash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using 1.11, (I haven't updated to 1.11a yet) I still got the crash about 3-4 times in a 6.5 hour session. It happens a lot less frequently now... and I couldn't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but it still seemed to have something to do with the mouseover stat popups and clicking the left mouse button (and maybe trying to drag after clicking the left mouse button too).

It doesn't seem like anybody else is having problems so far... but I think i have a trigger happy index finger and click around randomly a lot when I'm playing. (I believe all my crashes happened during inadvertant clicking/dragging). Also the running totals for $ won/lost on both the entire session and each table are way off after Realtime crashes and when I reopen it.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Using 1.11, (I haven't updated to 1.11a yet)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Also the running totals for $ won/lost on both the entire session and each table are way off after Realtime crashes and when I reopen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think RT just thinks it's a new session when you restart it.

on the subject of stats, i think a dump of the HUD for each player would be fine, irrelevant bits can be deleted before posting. i don't see that much of a problem with providing too much data in this situation. having just vp/pfr/agg/hands would be a big improvement though.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 AM

Quick question:
Does RT keep a database? If so where is it stored?

EDIT: I think I have found it - NLH Data(PS).txt ??
I assume that if I then open a table with one of those players whom are in the database, then the HUD will show the total number of hands for that player??

Problem:
Whilst playing, I have clicked the Rebuild database from archived hand histories but the stats restart from 0 hands?

BTW I am using it with PokerStars, and I have the archive hand history box ticked so that the HH files are moved from the P/S directory.
I have checked I have the directories correct in the P/S preferences panel.

Please help!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question:
Does RT keep a database? If so where is it stored?

EDIT: I think I have found it - NLH Data(PS).txt ??
I assume that if I then open a table with one of those players whom are in the database, then the HUD will show the total number of hands for that player??

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a version a while ago that didnt save the databases [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Do you have the latest?

[ QUOTE ]

Using 1.11, (I haven't updated to 1.11a yet)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 1.11 ended up being th same as 1.10, due to a screwup [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Update now.

[ QUOTE ]

Hope this hadn't been asked, but each time I update to a new version, I seem to lose all my preferences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should get around to putting the prefs in an xml file. As it is, each time I insert a new setting, it makes the file incompatible. I usually try and put the new ones on the end of the file, but that makes things very messy. I did a big clean tidy up a for V1.10, so things should be OK for a bit.

You will have to rebuild the db's again for 1.12 - not finished it yet - but since V1.11a it is so much quicker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:10 PM

How exactly do you bring this window up?

I've looked everywhere but don't see an option to do this. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]