Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM

Default TP+FD...

Villain was unknown at time. I was quite confused as to his holdings here and the best line to take to get max value with the obv caution that I could be crushed.
I see pre flop and flop as standard (i should have raised more on flop, not sure why i didnt, may have been distracted a bit at other tables) but what about the turn? Should I raise the turn? My biggest fear for not raising was that I could already be drawing pretty thin to a boat. Also, what worse hands call my turn raise really?
Now to the river, do I raise here for value? If so, how much is good? Calling a shove?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.85
BB: $22.45
UTG: $49.25
MP: $104.30
Hero (CO): $50.20
BTN: $63.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($11.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??
Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: TP+FD...

everything got there on the river and you beat most of it. He is clearly a donk so most of the time I just shove. you are absolutely crushing his range and he is calling a shove with most of it. not to mention he doesn't have a PSB left behind.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everything got there on the river and you beat most of it. He is clearly a donk so most of the time I just shove. you are absolutely crushing his range and he is calling a shove with most of it. not to mention he doesn't have a PSB left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

He still have over $40 left behind...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM

you have no reason to think your crushed here, you played the hand incredibly weak. You need to raise the turn and worrying about beeing behind for little reason is costing you value, villian mostly has weak draws/ace
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still have over $40 left behind...

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops...sorry. Even though its a ridiculous overbet, I think you can value shove here. I cant see any hand that is calling your reraise that wouldnt call a shove as played.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 AM

Raise more on the flop, raise more on the turn, makes your river decision much more easy
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM

You might want to put a raise in on the turn to build up the pot more for the river. Villain's range for calling a turn raise is pretty large, expecially given his tendency to throw out donk min bets.

You definitely want to raise for value on the river as this clown is calling with any Ax or flush.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM

River looks like a block to me/not a value bet - raise it up to $13-$15. I don't think we can call a shove though..

Raise turn to $10ish
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain's range for calling a turn raise is pretty large, expecially given his tendency to throw out donk min bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of range for calling a turn raise do you give him? This was part of the hand i was very unsure of.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River looks like a block to me/not a value bet - raise it up to $13-$15. I don't think we can call a shove though..

Raise turn to $10ish

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed it looks like a blocking bet if it was coming from a decent player but from a guy whos just min bet 2 streets I doubt he knows what a blocking bet is?