Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: The Well: nation

What are your mid and long-term poker goals?
Where do you see yourself this time next year and beyond in terms of stakes, bankroll, profit etc?
Would you be happy making $150 an hour for the rest of your poker life?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a pretty static opening range while 16-tabling, or does it vary heavily based on table dynamics, who's left to act, etc.?

Do you have any advice for playing big pair hands out of position in once raised pots w/100BB effective stacks? On wet boards/dry boards, mostly vs. players apt to float or otherwise play non-straightforwardly?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's certainly an overall structure, but my play is slightly different on every table. as i said earlier, i'm somewhat gifted in that i have a photographic memory. it helps me adjust easier than most people to table conditions.

if guys are very tricky, i think wet boards are better to get it in. tricky generally means good so i don't see them trying to bluff on dry boards. of course i don't just auto fold, they're going to have to 2 barrel me, and show down a hand a few times to get that respect.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I too suffer from poker ADD. I like to play Full Ring, 6-max, Limit, No Limit, Stud, hi/lo, etc. Do you feel like anything's changed where you're going to actually stick to online NLFR (where you have your highest EV, presumably), or do you think you'll bounce back and forth anymore? Did you find playing different forms kept you fresh, mentally, or was more a waste of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, right now my mindset is that i've yoyoed my bankroll up and down too much and this time i'll just grind full ring. i've pretty much figured out that im most suited for full ring; i have a ton of hands there and my natural style makes for a decent winrate.

6 max helped me a lot in postflop hand reading and playing against players like mr donktastic. really opened my eyes about opponents ranges.

i would say right now i expect to continue grinding 1/2 for a few more months, then start adding 2/4 full ring games into my sessions. i'm not sure where my ceiling is with full ring; once i get there if i'm not happy, i'll have enough money to live on that i can start something else from the bottom that will help me achieve my goals.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what's the deal w/ so many indians wanting to be doctors?

(serious Q no racist ban plz)

[/ QUOTE ]

Doctors are like gods in India amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya
Old 11-23-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are your mid and long-term poker goals?
Where do you see yourself this time next year and beyond in terms of stakes, bankroll, profit etc?
Would you be happy making $150 an hour for the rest of your poker life?

[/ QUOTE ]

right now just make enough money to start investing in real estate. that's a long way off. long term poker goals are supplementing my real estate income through poker. right now i don't really have any evidence of breaking through to nose bleed stakes. i don't even have much experience at mid stakes.

hopefully in one year i'll have a 75k+ roll, i would be playing 2/4 and a little 3/6 also with 1/2 as my go-to limit whenever confidence is down or to come out of a downswing.

right now i'm very happy with 150/hour, but long term, no. 500/hour would be great, but as i said, i have no idea what my ceiling is yet.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:00 AM

"that will help me achieve my goals." what are they?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 AM

my goals are to make a lot of money. if i decide that my ceiling at full ring isn't high enough to satisfy me, i meant that i would start playing 6 max in order to get there, as i think if you're very good at 6 max, you would make more money than you would being very good at full ring.

right now though i make more money at full ring than i do at 6 max (16 tabling 6 max would be insane).
Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 AM

one thing i want to stress is something that narena touched on in the ftp regulars thread. this game is NOT about being the best. it's about making the most money you possibly can.

while the two often go hand in hand, i am willing to be disrespected by people because i play full ring instead of 6 max. i also haven't seen my screenname mentioned much in the ftp regulars thread even though i'm one of the bigger winners in the game since i started back up.

it's not about going to war with every regular and trying to outplay them so you're known as the best at the limit. if you have to avoid them and just focus on the fish to make more money as a result, you're doing the right thing.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 AM

nation,

how is modship? is it everything you ever thought it would be? how much longer do you think you'll be a mod here? (srs questions, i only give you shtt in bbv)
Old 11-23-2007, 02:11 PM

it's ok. i mean it's sorta cool that i have some say in decisions that are being made. that's pretty much the main reason i even wanted to be a mod so yea i would say it's good.

no clue how much longer, sort of a difficult thing to predict yeah? right now i don't see myself quitting or voluntarily stepping down anytime soon or ever really. i enjoy modding.