Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Mason... Sir,

[ QUOTE ]
Bluffthis, I just do not understand what interests or goals that Mrs. Shulman and other members of the board of directors have that will not benefit my interests as an online poker player or will harm my such interests. Please clarify your concerns with specific interests of such board members that you feel conflict with online poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I Would Like to See From the PPA (and 2+2)

Should 2+2 endorse PPA?

PPA Update.

Which Groups *DO NOT* Deserve a Seat on the PPA Board?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 AM

Thanks Mason!

I see this is quite helpful in our fight to legalize poker. Maybe we should split the fight up into High Stakes Players of 2+2, Medium, Low, and then PPA members. No one can be a part of both groups.

IMO, 2+2's stubbornness on this issue is not needed and this little contest is a great way to divide a good cause. Especially making it a public issue as well.

I hope eventually you(2+2) can handle this "situation" in an adult like manner.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<<<It should be evident that TE, who has indeed worked very hard, has done that hard work not for the direct benefit of 2p2 as a commercial entity, but for the benefit of the PPA.>>>>

Do you really believe this? You sincerely believe that The Engineer has done all the work he has done over the last year simply for the benefit of the PPA as an organization?

Ah. . .the good ole days have returned. Every "last post" in every thread in this forum belongs to BluffThis again. . . and they all say basically the same thing.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Les, I thank you and everyone else who was with me. My only goal has been to get all poker legalized everywhere.

Everyone: This will be my last post on this forum for a while. I really don't need this. Besides, we're progressed beyond where we were a few months ago. I'll be at the PPA forum sometimes, at http://webringamerica.com/4/pokerpla...wforum.php?f=2 .

Take care all,

TE

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job showing everyone who the boss is, Mason. NH, WP, etc.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd.....Way to run off the best thing this forum has ever seen!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:29 AM

Engineer I certainly understand your frustration in this matter and in the end it looks to me like you won in that only a color change to your name and sig is all that will be different.

Your work is very, very much appreciated by so many of us on this site that it is hard to even express. Please don't let the views and actions of a few members (no matter how powerful) ruin it for the rest of us that rely on the knowledge and information you bring to us on a daily basis. Your knowledge of the inner workings of the impending regulations allowed me to more safely move and store my money online and therefore allowed me to sleep more easily at night.

I understand if you cut back the number of posts you make here and i'll certainly check out the discussion link you posted earlier in this thread, but it is nice to have so many reliable posters (Skallagram, Berge, Mr. K, etc.)ALL located here in the legislative section of 2p2.

If you can find a way to put all of this behind you and continue to post here, I'm sure I speak for a large number of other posters in saying it would be greatly appreciated.

It is nice to have someone trusted on this site that I've always felt like represents us -- the online community there at PPA to let us know "inside information" that is reliable.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 AM

Wow. Just WOW. Tuff, I agree with you (faulty logic aside, the point is clear - thanks for the Logic 101 rehash though Bluff).

This is all pretty clearly a pissing match and Mason is in a position of absolute power here. I'm pretty disgusted by it. When we are collectively as divided and dissentious as we have proven ourselves in the last 24 hours, then the terrorists have already won.

Engineer: I can't blame you for being upset. I am too. I'd like to see your legislative action plans and other important action posts e-mailed to the PPA membership, with an invitation to use the forums there (but wow do those forums need to be cleaned up and made more user friendly). A great many lurk here and some even follow on you lead.

CJ: You know me as ED. Well spoken sir.

-crashjr
Attorney.
Sometimes known as ED.
Not a Democrat.
A gun nut not located in Montana.

EDIT: It is hard to keep who said what in all these threads straight. So I just responded in this one. Oh well. I have guns, remember.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He then banned me to show me who's boss,

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We gave you some time off because you continued to post and not identify yourself as we had asked.

[ QUOTE ]
then agreed to my original offer like it was a favor

[/ QUOTE ]

No. We had discussion within our organization and decided that by also changing the color of your posting name this would give enough visibility to accomplish what we were after which was to make sure that our posters and readers, particularly those new to the site, would understand that you spoke with more authority even if you were only speaking for yourself.

MM
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, 2+2's stubbornness on this issue is not needed and this little contest is a great way to divide a good cause. Especially making it a public issue as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't make it a public issue. My correspondence with TE was done via private message. I only responded publicly here after he posted his complaints on this forum.

MM
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone: This will be my last post on this forum for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we move past this? A satisfactory solution going forward has been reached right?

We are adults here. What we are fighting for is bigger than any one person.

Hurt feelings aside we must move on.

Engineer: You are at this everyday for long hours it seems, why not take a day or two off and recharge the batteries. Thanks for all you have unselfishly done and you are a giant asset here. I hope to see you back here.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Our compromise concerning TE is now in place and he is free to post again. The PPA representative who we occasionally deal with (and who will remain anonymous) agrees that "it's a good solution."

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!!

D$D
Old 11-11-2007, 09:43 AM

Mason, Bluff,
Nice work today. Looks to me like you've spend about 5 hours pissing off one of legalized poker's biggest champions (via posting and coming up with TE's proper identifier). Aren't you embarrassed when you look at all the time TE has put into the cause. Your only efforts are commentary and obstruction.
Keep this up and I'm going to burn my copy of TOP.