Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]

"......this consultant devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems to access third-party computers and accounts to view hole cards of other customers during play without their knowledge.’’

If this belief of mine and statement above is true it also means that cheating could occur no matter what Poker Site one plays at!!! This would mean that the AP incident could be the results of the thieves having found a better way of infecting everyone with/through the AP software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this statement means that someone hacked the KGC computer. The 3rd party computer was Absolute's computer, not your PC. Once you have access to an account which allows you to "enter" a table on the server, you can see everything. No need to go to client (your computer) to see the hole cards.

The only reason for an account like that would be to see if cheating is being done during the game. I suspect that KGC was given an account on APs server with this kind of access so they could oversee what was happening at AP with the intent of finding cheating. They need to have access at anytime without AP's knowledge inorder to find out if AP is cheating.

It would be ironic if the security hole exploited was the hole designed to catch cheating. If this is what actually happened, then AP should remove the accounts which allow for real time access to the table, and instead make log a log of play at the tables available (like the xls file) to the gaming commission in the event of a complaint after the game is finished.

This is all speculation on my part, based on what I have read here.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Seif HH = Seif cheated in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh, no one really cares about your book.

show da HH and your accusations will be taken seriously. Until then, stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif says he'll produce HHs

+ Seif doesn't produce anything and goes silent on the matter

* (ikestoys logic)

= Seif is exhonerated!

Can't argue with that equation.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, youre an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Can Ike get a Time-Out or whatever you guys call it? I'm sick of his pointless and childish insults interrupting the discussion.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 AM

I think their punishment should be that of the old times when 3 or 4 goons took you out back and put 2 bullets through your eyes.
They should be drawn and quartered like Mel Gibson in Braveheart.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think their punishment should be that of the old times when 3 or 4 goons took you out back and put 2 bullets through your eyes.
They should be drawn and quartered like Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's very satisfying to say, I'm sure, but it's also pointless.

For one thing, it's becoming clear that the players themselves don't really have the power to do that. Since the poker media doesn't seem interested either, and regulation doesn't exist, that pretty much means it's not possible for us to destroy a site. As ElD has been saying, they're going to stall as long as it takes for people to forget about it.

It would be great if people would realize that the players need to get organized better and need to take advantage of opportunities to get closer to site operators. We can't destroy a site, but as people here have shown, we can catch them in BS and we can shame them.

But then, that might involve things like Nat going to CR, and god forbid that happen.

Screaming for blood is useless. When you don't get your blood, eventually you'll go back to not screaming at all. And then it'll be business as usual. And they'll know they can get away with it.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw another non-secret which should surprise absolutely no one is that the first several of those press releases were issued by Scott Tom. again, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar, if this is true and it's also true that Scott Tom will only be "temporarily removed" (or whatever you want to call it), then that means the people involved in the cheating scandal will not only not face criminal prosecution, not only will their site not lose business (according to the figures shown), but the cheaters will be allowed to remain in their positions. You can say all you will about Absolute Poker becoming clean going forward and having "transparency", but Absolute Poker can easily just create a facade of "transparency". That is why Absolute poker must go down. There must be some precedent set, not only for Absolute Poker but for all pokersites, that if a poker site (or a few high-ups at a poker site) cheats they will face legitimate consequences. As of now I don't see any.

Dear Scott Tom, AJ Green,

In a few months go ahead and use some more superuser accounts, because as of right now there's nothing to lose and everything to gain (just be a little less obvious with your cheating next time). I wont even be mad at you the next time you do it; I'll just laugh at the people who decide to still play there.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:27 PM

Regarding the difference in opinion over 'what should happen' to AP now. Everyone here can indeed influence it. We already have.

Personally, I think that last statement shows they're still 100% corrupt at the very top, and for me was the last straw.

AP should be shut down and all the perpetrators (including those who knew about this but kept quiet) reported, arrested, prosecuted and jailed. That's not going to happen while AP continues to protect the ID of the perps, and refuses to report them to the relevant law enforcement (KGC doesn't count).

If, before this had been exposed, we had a discussion about 'what it would take' for a site to deserve total black-listing and closure, some undetected cheating wouldn't do it. Nor would a dodgy 'regulatory' system or crappy customer service.

Finding out the entire place is run by crooks? The boss plays on 'God-mode' and steals millions? They rob charity fundraisers too? Yes, that would qualify.

Even if Tom/Green et al are booted out, they and their families will still be earning millions from their shares in AP. That is not acceptable.

I will not play on AP ever again. Neither will anyone I know. I've written letters to my MP, two national UK papers, three international mens' mags, two poker mags, four affiliates and even put the Absolute Fraud logo as my Facebook picture.

(That's before I get asked 'what I'm doing about it'.)
Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the difference in opinion over 'what should happen' to AP now. Everyone here can indeed influence it. We already have.

Personally, I think that last statement shows they're still 100% corrupt at the very top, and for me was the last straw.

AP should be shut down and all the perpetrators (including those who knew about this but kept quiet) reported, arrested, prosecuted and jailed. That's not going to happen while AP continues to protect the ID of the perps, and refuses to report them to the relevant law enforcement (KGC doesn't count).

If, before this had been exposed, we had a discussion about 'what it would take' for a site to deserve total black-listing and closure, some undetected cheating wouldn't do it. Nor would a dodgy 'regulatory' system or crappy customer service.

Finding out the entire place is run by crooks? The boss plays on 'God-mode' and steals millions? They rob charity fundraisers too? Yes, that would qualify.

Even if Tom/Green et al are booted out, they and their families will still be earning millions from their shares in AP. That is not acceptable.

I will not play on AP ever again. Neither will anyone I know. I've written letters to my MP, two national UK papers, three international mens' mags, two poker mags, four affiliates and even put the Absolute Fraud logo as my Facebook picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for ruining poker giving it a bad reputation with fish.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 PM

I found an old 2005 thread on a Romanion website

http://www.holdem.ro/forum/caffe-off...ere-aveti.html

with a list of shills suspected at Absolute Poker. Does anybody know one of these guys or can find conspicuous PT hands?

[ QUOTE ]
53S
ARIESNINE
ARIZONAWOLF
BATKEV
BEANO617 !!!
BENZGIRL
BIGSLICK3186
BLKPANTHER
BOBSON85 !!!!!!!
BUCCDOJA
CAPANACHE
CASHMANKY !!!
CDNLADY45 ?
CHECKMIZAT !!!
COOLMOVE !!!!!!! KNOWS HOW WELL I'VE DONE IN FREEROLLS
DJWALKER
DUX !!!!!!!
ESPMOJO !
FADARVE !!
FIVETWOBOAT
GHABI
GOST
GUMBY502? MAY JUST BE A GOOD PLAYER
HANKUS
HAWKS28
HATEDKID
HEINO
HIPPO46 !!!
HOTBIDS
HOTKARL !!!
IAMPAIN !!!
IKVOID !!!
IYAAYAS !!!
JARAL !
JINXEDZ
JJONEACE !!!
KAKI 575
KAYLEONNA
KDEP
KELKELBOOGIE !!
LAUGHINBOY !!!
LAMENAME !
LEGSPREADER !
LORDSYNN
LOVEBEER
MAINPOT4ME
MCARTHUR !
MENIK !!!
MERTEV !!!!!!! CALLS WITH Q J I HAVE ACE 5 SUITED - FLOP IS 7 7 6 I GO ALL IN WITH 20K HE CALLS AND CATCHES A QUEEN
MMCG
MONTEMAX !!!!!!!
MRBOBBY
MRDMINOR
MRDUCK18
MRPANTHER
MUSCLEMAN101
NEONAILS
ONLY JACKS !
PABRED
PGJOSE8 !!!!!!!
PIRRONALDO
ROCKINRAIDER ?
ROOKS ?
SANTAMOUSE !!!
SAREN !!!
SARKI
SCAREFACE
SHAMOOOO
SLOW67 - ALL IN 3 TIMES WINS EACH TIME
SPOILER ! RAISES WITH 2ND BEST CONSTANTLY AND WINS
STE1000 !
STINKY3 !!!
SUPERFLEA !
TEDDY1974
THEROCKET
THUMMMPER
TIDO
TILLIE
TOMTRAPP
TONNYFCK ?
TOPGUNAK !
TREM2004
UAC !
WISHFISH
WHITEFRONT
XALICEX
XONE !!!!!!! CALLS BIG RAISES FROM 2 PLAYERS BEFORE THE FLOP WITH Q 7 OFF SUITE - CALLS HUGE BET ON FLOP AND TURN WITH NOTHING, THEN WINS WITH A 4 CARD STRAIGHT TO THE 7 ON RIVER
YUENGLIN

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Going through the thread one post at a time:

[ QUOTE ]
So the man who at the very least covered up cheating scandals within Absolute Poker is only going to be temporarily removed from his position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told that he's gone for good, can't verify it for sure from home obv, blah blah Costa Rica blah.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this fact by itself show ALL of AP's statements to be a lie? If Scott Tom is not involved with the company, why is he issuing PRs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that he was issuing them before the Excel file news broke and he was removed. Sorry for the confusion.

[ QUOTE ]
You and others seem to have assumed the role of a conduit of information between AP and this forum, so much so that it prompted me to create an account because I thought I might add that some may consider you, and others, disclosing "inside information".

Given the you and others have obviously been made privy to information that is not accessible by the general public, why not disclose everything you know?

What is prompting you to reveal it in pieces?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, I can't disclose a lot without either a)revealing sources, b)losing them, and/or c)getting people fired. There's no urgency to release everything now because as far as I can tell - and those words should be significant - Tom/Green *are* gone, not coming back, etc, and AP's admitted the cheating went on so there's no reason to "prove" wrongdoing. With that said, I'm still releasing things as I get them independently corroborated and as enough time passes that the waters get muddied as to who knows what inside AP.