Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
This may sound like a weird request. But is anyone actually on speaking terms with Doyle Brunson, to get his take on this? Supposedly in the 60s/early 70s the games in Vegas were all crooked. But they (I'm guesing 'they' = the honest players in some cooperation with the honest card rooms) finally cleaned that up, and eventually the game took off.

I wonder if they went through the same trepidations about exposing a crooked player or card room--as to its effect on the casual player?

[/ QUOTE ]

might have some trouble with this one
Old 10-20-2007, 06:01 AM

Donk monument for Justin West devoted by AlmostEverybody for his article
"Remember When The World Was Flat?"
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 AM

Step one: sort of own a company
Step two: sort of reply eventually to the biggest online poker story in the last year
Step three: sort of blame it on a founding person of the company sort of being framed and sort of issue statements that reflect that
Step four: ???
step five: sort of profit

sort of imo
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 AM

Much respect due to all of you involved in cracking this. You guys have a lot of integrity and, ironically, give online poker a good name.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea the size of any advertising contracts between the two... but "news" titles like this tilt me.

http://www.allinmag.com/article.php?article=1088

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not be renewing my subscription to All-In mag which is expiring in November.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:35 AM

Hi Dan:

I think your questions are legit. Hopefully, the statement from AP will begin the process of answering them. We'll know when we see it.

However, there is something which you may be missing, and that's the power of these forums and other places on the Internet. If there are still issues after the statement, AP will quickly become aware of them. If these issues are not satisfactory addressed, pressure will again build on AP.

But again, in matters like this, you just sometimes need to be patient. It can be frustrating, but it's what you need to do. So my advice is to start with their statement, read it carefully, think about what they are saying, and take it from there. You'll get your answers, but it may not happen quite as quickly as you like.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-20-2007, 07:27 AM

I'm sorry if this has been said, but has anyone involved on the scam contacted interpol and the Costa Rican Authorities? Cause if AP didn't know about the players cheating, then they legally should have known, which makes their denial over the past weeks a serious criminal offense. As a regular pokerplayer I would like to see the board members/decision makers of AP rot in Costa Rican jail for a long, long time, and I think most players and rooms will agree with me on this.

I think AP should be taken off line with immediate effect, and that a transfer to other rooms should be made available by combined efforts of the other leading pokersites.

I think for these crimes these punishments ARE possible within the limits of international law.

They made a contract for thousands of dollars, and they have willfully BROKEN it, while knowing it, or of course, while having but for brains and not knowing it, but still -should have know-ing it. So it's simple robbery, or involvement in robbery, by covering up. Everyone knows robbery is a crime, but I hear nobody about this possibility. There is even a special global police cop oration program for these kinds of large scaled global scams.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

We also had a conversation today with a representative of AP. It appears to me that they are moving in the right direction. We'll know more when their statement comes out.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

It better be a whole lot different than what [supposedly] they told the press today/yesterday, that's for sure.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
msnbc:
Online poker cheating blamed on employee

Quoting Adam Small:
“What they said on the phone was that it was not Scott Tom ... and that he has sort of framed Scott Tom,” he said.

How do you "sort of" frame somebody?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

When you frame someone, you intend for the crime to be discovered. The implication here is that they intended to get away with it.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How do you "sort of" frame somebody?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you found the most disliked geek on your payroll and fired him, then released press statements stating how said geek was obviously the cheater [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread