Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Prima

Move to internet if necessary. This forum is where I have been getting what little info is available, so I thought I would post this here.

I haven't seen anything with regards to Prima, but this is the reaponse I got from CS.

you: do you have any information about US players being able to continue playing on your site?
Bret: Thank you for your enquiry. On Friday 29 September 2006, the US Congress passed legislation which includes certain provisions to prohibit internet gambling through the restriction of payments to such sites. We are currently analysing the potential effects of the legislation.
Bret: The Bill states that there will be a period of up to 9 months for the US regulators to prescribe regulations requiring each designated payment system and all participants therein to identify and block or otherwise prevent or prohibit restricted transactions. Until we have further clarity on these regulations and how it is proposed they will be implemented - it's a little hard to say what the final impact will be.
Bret: The vast majoritiy of all deposits processed by our company are processed through non US payment processors. It is currently unclear how these payment processors, based outside the United States, with no assets, presence or employees in the US, would be affected by this bill.
Bret: Once the regulations have been written, we will have a clearer view of which companies are affected, how those companies will be expected to comply, and any possible resulting impact on our customers based in the United Sates.
Bret: Although we are following this issue closely we are maintaining business as usual and all monies in your account are completely safe.
Bret: If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate in asking us and we will do our best to address them.
you: lol, had that ready, i guess. thanks, that is all for now.
Bret: Any time, have a good day.