Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Rakeback newbie

Hi all, i have just unlocked my bonus at stars and am looking to try another site to play on for a while. I play $5-$10 sngs around 4-6 a day and will have $300 to deposit. There seem to be so many rakeback options and have never used one. Where will i get the most benefits from?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Rakeback newbie

I grinded my way up to 600 (Stars) before moving to Full Tilt for the 100% bonus. It really comes in handy if your first 5 AI pf aces get cracked, suffer a few set over sets etc at full ring. No idea if you'd clear it playing 4-6 SNG's a day though. But with a bigger bankroll, bigger stakes, you'll clean the bonus much faster.

It's a reputable site - and that's important too, although their customer support really isn't all that great. After the recent events with Absolute I'm not even remotely considering putting money there, or on UB (same company).

It's the second largest site, but only has half the amount of players Stars has. The smaller the player base, the fewer the table selection options you have/the longer it takes for SnG's to start.

Pay attention to the tourney structure (blind levels and payout); Full Tilt is a lot "slower", 180's take forever to start, and rake is higher. On Stars I had a ROI of +55%, on FT -21%. Nearly always finishing in the last 10 before the bubble. Just couldn't succeed anymore, so I went back to full ring and doing ok again.

Rakeback at Full Tilt is fixed at 27%, for everyone, for every affiliate. I think most sites have this policy (except unmentionable, you know the fishtank one that doesn't allow US or Israeli citizens).

I'm with RaketheRake, and have no complaints whatsoever. I like the addition of a monthly freeroll tourney (30K prizepool isn't exactly a small feat at our level).

Pay attention: some sites/forms of bonus will be deducted from your rakeback. FTPoints and Iron Man program are pretty much useless if you have rb. Your first deposit bonus also gets deducted from your MGR.

Other than my own experience all I can do for you is provide some links that give a nice overview of what additional bonuses you can expect. There's:

Bonuswhores.com
2+2 Internet Bonuses Forum
RakebackNetwork on 2+2 (sticky has a link to their own site, with a list of different bonuses for different affiliates, very informative)
Rakereduction.com on 2+2