Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

[ QUOTE ]
I am so excited for this game - even more so than I was for the Pats game. It's gonna be somewhat bittersweet though since the Packers have always been my 2nd favorite team.

And LOL @ whomever thought the Pack was basically a .500 team. They are pretty damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost feel bad that TO is going to catch 8 balls for like 145. *almost*
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM

I can't wait to not watch this game.

FU NFLN
Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 PM

First off I am a Cowboys fan and I would like to say RIP Shawn Taylor. Next I would like to say who in the hell from GB can stop TO and Whitten? Packers 10-2 and we will see u in the NFC Championship Game!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off I am a Cowboys fan and I would like to say RIP Shawn Taylor. Next I would like to say who in the hell from GB can stop TO and Whitten? Packers 10-2 and we will see u in the NFC Championship Game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Witten. Ya nobody. And Crayton is back too which is a nice plus, although Hurd was holding his own. Imagine if Glenn is back for the playoffs ?

I'm not going to call NFC championship game yet. But I'll call 13-3 *minimum*
Old 11-27-2007, 10:53 PM

lol @ Durden, maybe the biggest homer on this site.

Anyway, what scares me more than anything about this game is Favre is 0-8 at Texas Stadium--he is bound to win one eventually there!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unreal how good the Cowboys run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya we only had those NINE mediocre (or downright bad) years up till now. Bout time we run good !

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention injuries to glenn, henry, newman, ellis, crayton and thats all i can think of at the moment

oh yeah- testeverde, hutch, quincy, bledsoe, henson, etc
Old 11-27-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Durden, maybe the biggest homer on this site.

Anyway, what scares me more than anything about this game is Favre is 0-8 at Texas Stadium--he is bound to win one eventually there!

[/ QUOTE ]

darko btw you have the best avatar ever imo
Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 PM

yeota,

TY. =)
Old 11-27-2007, 11:40 PM

I posted my thoughts on the game a couple weeks ago, but I'll try to redo them quickly.

First, I'm a Packers fan, born and raised in Wisconsin, but I'm also realistic, so I typically don't act like TOO much of a homer.

I think the line on the game is about right. I figure Dallas is about 4 points better on a neutral field.

I feel that Dallas' big edges are on offense. They are extremely well-rounded and have an almost uncoverable WR in Owens. Even if Woodson plays, he'll be gimpy, so I think Green Bay will have a lot of trouble covering both Owens and Witten (GB is not good at covering TE's), plus Crayton. If they somehow do keep them in check, the Dallas running game is very good. While GB is solid against the run, they have been gashed on occasion.

Personally, I think GB's defense is a tad overrated, although still quite good. They tend to give up yards through the air, but just don't let teams in the endzone. With injuries to Woodson, KGB, Jolly, Rouse, Cole (out for the season), and Collins (I believe he's on IR, too), it's going to be a rough go for them.

GB will need their front four to force Romo into bad situations and keep him from running around too much. Hopefully (for GB fans), he'll make some bad throws, and even if they don't result in INT's, drives will get stalled.

The story isn't all that different when Green Bay has the ball, except that a) they don't have a Terrell Owens, and b) while the running game is becoming credible, it's not like they'll be able to pound the ball.

I feel GB's receiver depth is better than Dallas' (perhaps the best in the NFL, as they can easily go 5-wide plus Donald Lee) and Dallas isn't all that strong defending the pass. If the OL can protect Favre from Dallas' strong pass rush, he may be able to have another big game Thursday. As the air game establishes itself, that may give Ryan Grant an opportunity to make some headway on the ground if the OL can create holes.

Special teams are fairly even.

Overall, it should be a high scoring game. I feel the key for both teams will be to pressure the QB to try to throw the passing games off kilter. Both defense will probably need to do this by only rushing four as much as possible, as each offense has too many receiving weapons to cover.

Not counting key defensive injuries to GB (I know Dallas has injuries, too, but GB potentially lost several key players on Thanksgiving) and home field, I would give the edge to Dallas because of T.O., Witten, and the running game. Add injuries and location, and I think Dallas wins it.

I could see a close, one score game or a close game in which Dallas scores late to put it away and win by 13 or so.

EDIT: To answer the question about Driver being injured, he got banged up, but will be fine.

BTW, I plan on upgrading my cable package for one day to get the NFL network and then downgrading on Friday.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unreal how good the Cowboys run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya we only had those NINE mediocre (or downright bad) years up till now. Bout time we run good !

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention injuries to glenn, henry, newman, ellis, crayton and thats all i can think of at the moment

oh yeah- testeverde, hutch, quincy, bledsoe, henson, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the O-line ALWAYS being hurt or having no pass rush since the superbowl teams.

How about having a KICKER that doesn't give us nightmares ?