Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 PM

Default NL50 KQo Donks into 4way pot, gets raise by PFR

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($60.30)
UTG ($21.50)
MP ($47.85)
CO ($39)
Button ($54.65)
Hero ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $21</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero ???

MP ist 22/11/2.5 over ~750 hands.
CO is 22/0/1 over 234 hands.
Button is 50/11/2 over 71 hands.
No reads besides that.

What to do on flop? I'll donk this flop with Sets and some good draws (inclunding monster draws obv) as well, maybe not that often with total air (more never than ever), for your information.
Also: How is my preflop call? Thought the participation of CO and Bu could make it somewhat profitable, but I'm still playing oop with a kind of marginal hand if you look at MPs PFR.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: NL50 KQo Donks into 4way pot, gets raise by PFR

I think you have to fold your hand now. I don't think mp is betting into you when he is very behind. I think at best he has AQ clubs or AJ clubs and has a monster draw against you, at worst you are drawing to a queen or runner runner straight worse i guess, could be drawing to just a straight with since kk, 1010 are in villains pfr range).

I usually let the hand go preflop. Guess we will hear others opinions on this.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually let the hand go preflop. Guess we will hear others opinions on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump in order to achieve this =)
Old 11-22-2007, 12:20 PM

with 2 cold callers already I don't mind the PF, that being said you are in terrible position so you need to be alot more cautious post flop.

You flopped something, but again you still don't have any idea where you are, a problem with this type of hand. The bet is fine IMO, but as soon as you get re-popped by a player that seems solid you need to dump this pretty fast. This guy isn't raising a 4-way pot with KJ, there are some combo draws that might do this but everything else you are in really bad shape against. This is a pretty easy fold IMO.