Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Shield Finale

slightly disappointed. It was too much of a coincidence that Vic flakes on his hearing and happens to bust the Mexican with all the evidence in his trunk. Why would that guy be carrying around all those documents that night? Maybe I missed something.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this season was great overall but was underwhelmed by the finale.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slightly disappointed. It was too much of a coincidence that Vic flakes on his hearing and happens to bust the Mexican with all the evidence in his trunk. Why would that guy be carrying around all those documents that night? Maybe I missed something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic found out that the man had a very important business meeting that night, earlier in the episode. He knew something was going down.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 AM

"I can get you a great deal on a Pantera 5150."

lol
Old 06-06-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little disappointed. I thought all hell was going to break loose, Armenians vs. Shane - nothing. Then I thought all hell was going to break loose, Vic vs. Shane - nothing. It was a good setup for next season, but anti-climactic for a season finale. I suspect many will disagree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I for one agree with you.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this season was great overall but was underwhelmed by the finale.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 AM

Oh also - wasn't it out of character for Vic to bail on his family at the hearing? I understand that he didn't want to go through with playing the autism card. But to just walk out and leave them hanging...didn't seem right. Has he done them like that in the past? I haven't seen the first few seasons. Lately he seems intent on doing well by them.

I sound negative in this thread, but I really do love the show. Just thought the final ep wasn't as good as it could have been.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh also - wasn't it out of character for Vic to bail on his family at the hearing? I understand that he didn't want to go through with playing the autism card. But to just walk out and leave them hanging...didn't seem right. Has he done them like that in the past? I haven't seen the first few seasons. Lately he seems intent on doing well by them.

I sound negative in this thread, but I really do love the show. Just thought the final ep wasn't as good as it could have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you have said so far Crazy Eyes except that it was out of character to leave the hearing. First off, I guess he wouldn't be bailing on his family because the hearing really is about him. He is a man who will do whatever is necessary to protect himself and those around him. And he felt the best way to protect his job was not to try and present his case respectfully to a panel - it was to go out, stop whatever was going down, and prove his worth on the street.

That said - I agree with the sentiment here. This was a phenomenal season of The Shield, but I was expecting more out of the finale. The Hyatt thing was a quick turnover, the Shane thing didn't get taken care of, etc. The season premiere next year will be great, but they are leaving a lot of stuff open.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:27 AM

I just meant that he walked out the door without saying anything to them. Like, "You know what, I can't go through with this. I'm sorry." Corrine is left sitting, like WTF? I'm nit-picking maybe.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:34 AM

I remember long before this season started that Shawn Ryan had said the 6th season would be the final season, but then was offered a bunch of cash to do a 7th season. I really feel that this should have been the last season and it seems as if it had been setup to be. This series finale could have been so much better. Instead, we got a mediocre season finale, that is a set-up for the final season. I'm sure the final season will be great, but with all of the pieces they had in place, this final episode could have been an outstanding place to end the show.

I believe the writers had to create the "Cruz" character in order to keep the show going for 1 more season and that particular plotline seems kinda forced. I hate the wait in between seasons... but I'm very excited that it is finally all going to come to some type of conclusion.