Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Default $3 + 0.25 PokerStars Turbo HU A9 AI?

Hi guys! This is my first post. Sorry, if the question is too easy for you, but I am playing poker only for 2 months, so it is very important for me to understand my leaks. This hand is a first hand of HU. I receive A 9, raise 2xBB, and get reraised All-in. I call.

My M-Zone is something like 9, Villain 20. I was playing TAG until blinds got 75/150, villain was a bit more aggresive from start of tournanment.

Is it a good call? If I think, which hands can I beat - probably villain wouldn't go AI with loxer Ax than A5, so from this viewpoint I'm in trouble. Also, I'm in trouble from medium-high pairs, small are coinflip. I'm a small favourite against KQ...he wouldn't probably go AI with something lower.

Maybe he bluffs, as my raised chips represent some FE for him...(I was playing quite tight, keeping pots small when having not a decent hand - maybe he though he can scare me away), in this case I'm a slight favorite, but probability of this is not higher than 15%. For me this was 50-50 situation. I called because it was first hand of HU - thought, that villain maybe wants to show me, that 2xBB raises won't work against him...Would you call? And, how big Axo would you need to call?

Thanks! See hand below!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t6135)
Hero (t2865)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t6135</font>, Hero calls t2465 (All-In).

Flop: (t9000) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9000) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9000) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5730
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: $3 + 0.25 PokerStars Turbo HU A9 AI?

Learn ICM

Oh, and I raise to 500 and call a push.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM

I think its important here to raise to more than double the blind.. make it 500 or 600 from this position.
Heads up changes the action significantly, and there are MANY situations here that you will be ahead, imo. While he could easily have a hand that dominates you, As a big stack who isnt super tight, he could be trying to bully you or get into a 60/40 for a chance to win outright. He could be raising with almost any broadway cards, any ace, any pair, hell, even a lot of sooted semi-connecters, esp. since this is a 3 dollar table.
I think you should get your money in here and be happy that you did.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Thanks for a response!

Should I always raise more than 2xBB in HU? Even with 300/600 blinds? The thing is, I really like raising 2xBB - sometimes villain folds, and I get 1xBB riskin 1,5xBB. Sometimes he calls - and then we play flop, with me usually having better hole cards, and possibility to make cbet as a preflop raiser. If he re-raises, I fold medium hands, and shove with best ones.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Learn ICM

[/ QUOTE ]