Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Please Give Me Advice

After a long break from sit n goes I am returning to the game. I generally 10-12 table $11+$1 turbos on Full Tilt right now. My question is this; If I get 29% rakeback on Full Tilt should I continue to play there, or are the $15+$1s at Stars still a better deal because of the rake reduction and hordes of bad players? Also, do VPPs for example make a huge difference? FPPs on tilt suck because if you use them they subtract from rakeback. I guess I just want to know if its wiser to play at Stars long term because of the rake break, more people, and more fish? Opinions?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Please Give Me Advice

How high of volume are you playing? If you're going to be at GoldStar or PlatinumStar on PokerStars, you'll be getting pretty decent rakeback (don't know actual percents, though I'm sure someone can chime in with them). Also, FPPs will add up really fast allowing you to unlock VIP bonuses or other free stuff. Stars has multiple registering at once and they fill up faster, too. And you're paying way less rake, which might almost even out the rakeback.

But I also hang out on Stars 24/7 and have played like 50 games on FTP, so mayhaps I'm biased..
Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 PM

STARS CONVERTING MONEY BONUSES INTO RAKEBACK PERCENTAGES

Gold = 11% RB ($800 raked in a month).

Platinum = 16% RB ($2000 raked in a month)

Supernova = 26% RB (100000 vpps in a year, $40000 paid in rake in a year using platinum 2.5x earning ratio).

Gold - 88 FPPs per $1
Platinum - 77 FPPs per $1
Supernova - 67 FPPs per $1.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After a long break from sit n goes I am returning to the game. I generally 10-12 table $11+$1 turbos on Full Tilt right now. My question is this; If I get 29% rakeback on Full Tilt should I continue to play there, or are the $15+$1s at Stars still a better deal because of the rake reduction and hordes of bad players? Also, do VPPs for example make a huge difference? FPPs on tilt suck because if you use them they subtract from rakeback. I guess I just want to know if its wiser to play at Stars long term because of the rake break, more people, and more fish? Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? if you use FPPs at full tilt it subtracts from rakeback? is this right? WTF?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? if you use FPPs at full tilt it subtracts from rakeback? is this right? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is right.
If I recall it correct, you pay 27%(the rakeback quote you get) of the retail price of the product you buy in the shop via your rakeback.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM

So wait. I'm still kinda confused.

I spend 11K FTPoints on a ballin velour robe. Let's say the retail is 100 bucks for this baby.

If i earn 500 rakeback, they will subtract 27 dollars (100*.27) from the rakeback i earn and only give me 473? is this how it works?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Yep, this is how I understood it.
Never bought something in their shop tho.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Yes.

Deposit and Bonus fees come out as well.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 PM

GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

if i use my FTP points for satellites, do they discount anything with that? Because im just gonna sat my way into some cash if i can't buy anything without being screwed.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:40 PM

You're not getting screwed if you're buying items you either want or can resell. You either get something for yourself at a 73% discount or you pay 27% of the item's value out of your RB and then sell it on ebay or whatever for 90ish% of it's value.

Edit: Same with bonuses. A $100 bonus costs you $27 in RB but you still get 73 dollars more than you would otherwise have.