Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Default 40/80, TT, what to do?

Bay101 40/80 main game. Game has been good and not terribly nitty. My image is good and I am up a rack or so when the following hand takes place:

UTG opens. I have no history with this player, but he seems reasonable. After running well in the Must Move he hasn't played as many pots in the main game, and hasn't won many of the pots he has played, and appears to be a little frustrated. He's tried a few FPS moves within the last half hour that haven't worked. He rarely limps, and his range here could be large.

UTG+1 (Lee, female prop) cold calls. I like the way Lee plays and think she is one of the better players and more consistent winners in this game; she is a solid TAG. I don't know if she has a history with UTG, but she is a recent arrival to the main game and did not play with UTG in the Must Move, and thus has only seen his recent play in the main game. I think her cold calling range here is KQs+, AQo+, and maybe a medium pocket pair, though I think she three bets any pair higher than 88 and folds any pair smaller than 66 (and she probably folds 66 and 77 in this spot much of the time).

I am UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and three bet. All fold to UTG, who calls. UTG+1 also calls.

Flop:

8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, I...?

Call? Raise? Fold? Each has some merit. I'm certain I'm behind UTG+1 at this point, but I have outs, though UTG is still in the pot and will act after me. Comments appreciated.