Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Default 5 hands from APPT Macau (Long)

Her are some maybe interesting hands from appt macau main event.

This tournament I was completely card dead, and missed every flop when I had something marginal. With no showdown value to any of my hands I was looking for ways to chip up by getting folds (besides hand 1). Admittedly it’s still early in the tournament so I can of course wait. However my table was so weak passive I was hoping to use that to my advantage to take pots away from people.

I think I played some of these hands horribly; some ok, but would be interested to hear opinions on them. For a change I thought it would be good to post a string of hands rather then just one hand in a vacuum, so we can see the whole situation that arises.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reads

Seat 1: Young internet qualifier looking, seemed to be a standard tag, had not got out of line at all.

Seat 2: Middle aged standard live TAG.

Seat 3: Middle aged rich looking Chinese guy. Spewy Loose Aggressive. He’s playing probably 60/5. Has showed down q5o limped utg. he overvalue his hands (e.g. calling a half stack psb on turn on a kqtj board with kj (showed down when ace came on river for a chop). Will call most flop bets with anything mostly folding on later streets. Will probably call or put in an oversized bet / raise if he has anything he thinks is a good hand. (e.g. tpwk etc). A lot of these big realises were not called by the table though. Prepared to make big bluffs if any sign of weakness is shown.

Seat 4: 30ish year old Thai guy. aggressive spewy. Plays some of the appt events and some of the big Sundays online etc. Likely a losing player. He was asking bill chen what ev ment. Notable hand where he raised ep called by seat 6. Fired two barrels on a low dry flop (99452 no flush or something) then check folded to a 1/5th size bet on the river. He also could not let go of a flopped two pair on the river where it was obvious villain (who checked called his large turn bet) fired a pot sized bet on the river.

Seat 6: Russian middle-aged lady. Weak call station, limps way too much preflop. Probably no idea about pot odds, no hand reading skills, no idea about bet sizing. Her husband is probably a rich Russian poker player and payed for her to play the event so she wasn’t bored or something. Interesting hand to note where she limped call bvb vs. Bill Chen. Check called flop 9x4s2s, check check 9s turn. Instantly check folded to a 1k half pot bet when a king comes on the river (no flushes) in disgust showing a solitary ace of spades.

Seat 7: Bill Chen

Seat 8: Me. I am probably perceived as an aggressive internet player.

Seat 9: “TheFitGuy” online pro. Won the 300r ftops event.

Play is 9 handed throughout with seat 10 not showed up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 1:

I was chatting to seat 7 and 9 and it wasn’t apparent that I was paying any attention to the hand as it was played.

Eff stacks ~ 6k
Blinds 50/100

Chinese, Seat 3 open limps mp.
Thai, Seat 4 over limps.
I complete SB with 85o.
TheFitGuy, Seat 9 checks.

Pot 400
Flop AT8r

Checked round

Turn T

Checked round to Thai who bets 300.
I call, 2 folds.

Pot 1000
River K (no flush)

I check, thai guy bets 600 I call.

Hand 2:

Chinese Guy 20k
My stack 10k

Next hand and last hand before the break. Level 2 50/100.

Chinese limps utg+1, all else fold and leave there seats.
I call on button with T3s.
Sb folds and walks off,
BB checks.

Flop 246r
Pot 350

Seat 1 and Chinese Check.
I bet 250, Chinese calls.

Turn 4x
Pot 850

Chineses Check, I bet 600, chinese calls.

River A (no flush)
Pot 2050

Chinese checks, I bet 1500.

Inbetween this hand I have 14k stack at break depletes by raising pre, missing in multiway pots. Also I raise Chinese blind from hj, who calls and check raises my cont bet q63 board, I fold.

Hand 3:

Stacks

Me 10.5k
Seat 2 (Middle aged tag) 8k
Chinese 25k
Russian 6.5k

100/200

I raise 550 KdJd utg. Seat 2(middle aged tag) calls (HJ). Chinese Calls (cut off). Russian calls (SB). BB folds.

Pot 2400
Flop Qh9d4h

Checked around

Turn 2d

Russian leads 1k.
I call.
2 folds.

Pot 4400k (she has about a psb left)
River 5s

Russian checks, I check.

If you bet river, how much?

Hand 4:

My stack 8.5k
Chinese 30k

Blinds 100/200/25

I raise 550 a8s in hj. Chinese calls in BB.

Pot 1425
Flop KT9r

Chinese checks, I bet 900, Chinese Calls.

Pot 3225
Turn 6

Chinese checks, I bet 2000 (I got around 4.8k left.)

Hand 5:

Seat 2 has been knocked out playing 8 handed

My stack 6k
Everyone else covers

Blinds 100/200/25

I open limp jto in co.
(thoughts on open limpin?)

(rest of hand pretty standard)
Seat 1 completes. Chinese checks bb.

Pot 100/200
Flop 24Kr
Checked round.

Turn 4.
Seat 1 checks. Chinese bets 1.5k. 2 folds.

My thoughts behind the open limp was that the Chinese guy was not folding to any preflop raise. My continuation bet would have a low % chance of working also. I was the only one raising up limpers also.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: 5 hands from APPT Macau (Long)

1: It really depends, in general, I fold this, if it seemed right to call against this villain, calling turn + river seems fine.
2: He'd have to be REALLY bad for me to not fold preflop
3: I don't mind your line, but I find live players hate calling river bets, so I probably prefer just firing flop and river.
4: Depends on villain, against some guys I'm always 2 barreling, others never 2 barreling.
5: I don't much like limping since the 2 internet guys have position on you, I probably just fold preflop unless thefitguy is super tight live.