Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: *Dexter* 11/18

This was the greatest episode of anything I have ever seen.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the writers are setting it up for Doakes to be framed because he joked to Laguerta that he could be a butcher like his father.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow cant believe i didnt catch this.

but yeah this season just took a turn for the awesome
Old 11-20-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
I think the writers are setting it up for Doakes to be framed because he joked to Laguerta that he could be a butcher like his father.

[/ QUOTE ] I remember him saying this and thinking wtf, theres no reason to say that unless it was foreshadowing or setting something up.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, the previews are almost always reverse tells. The vast majority are full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ] Yea. He most definitely wasnt in cuffs. Also the captain saying we need answers and the latex gloves= dexter not caught. They just need a blood expert. Although looks like a lot might go down next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction is Doakes gets caught with the blood samples while trying to take them to that guy for testing and Dexter is called in to analyze them.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My prediction is Doakes gets caught with the blood samples while trying to take them to that guy for testing and Dexter is called in to analyze them.

[/ QUOTE ] sounds about right.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Doakes isn't taking those blood samples to the police. How will he explain he got them? He's already the paranoid guy who hates the normal, geeky Dexter. Now he's going to bring in blood samples of all the victims, and claim that he acquired them in an illegal break-in at Dexter's apartment?

He'll likely use them to try and gain some sort of leverage on Dexter, but Dexter will turn it around to frame him as the BHB.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doakes isn't taking those blood samples to the police. How will he explain he got them? He's already the paranoid guy who hates the normal, geeky Dexter. Now he's going to bring in blood samples of all the victims, and claim that he acquired them in an illegal break-in at Dexter's apartment?

He'll likely use them to try and gain some sort of leverage on Dexter, but Dexter will turn it around to frame him as the BHB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the season ends by Dexter framing Doakes, I will lose a lot of respect for the show.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 AM

It seems like the most obvious answer. I hope it isn't, because it's so obvious. I'm 95% sure that they aren't going to catch Dexter as the BHB, and it's not like the investigation will just stop without an arrest. I'm struggling with another possible ending, but hopefully they come up with another (plausible) one.

Also wanted to add, I really liked what Keith Carradine was bringing to the show as Lundy, but he's getting worse with each passing show. I think Jennifer Carpenter must be a bad acting vortex, because she's sucking him in. The kitchen scene was painfully bad.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 AM

GIVEN

-dex can't kill doakes, b/c it would violate's harry's code
-doakes has to send in the slides anonymously
-dexter has to analyze the slides to verify the BHB victims' blood
-there will be a confrontation between doakes and dexter, since doakes now knows Dexter is the BHB (perhaps at one of dexters' killings)
-lundy has no idea that it's dexter. we will know if he starts to suspect dexter by if/when lundy starts distancing himself from deb

MAYBE

-doakes will sort of side with dexter (they are both killers) once he understand dex is the BHB and not just some nutty psychopath. they really aren't that different. doakes just can't deal with "not knowing" what Dexter is, but once he finds out we may be surprised at his reaction. if you recall season 1, doakes shot the haitian under the bridge and planted a gun on him
-OR doakes will still hate dex, realize that all the evidence points to doakes, and that he has no choice but to disappear or fake his death, and haunt dexter throughout season 3 (dex becomes the hunted)
-obviously either doakes or dexter has to take the fall for the BHB, and season 3 has been announced so clearly it isn't dexter... so, doakes will go into hiding and possibly take the heat for the BHB, but not get arrested.
-lila's death must be an open/shut case of justifiable homicide (rita will kill lila in total self defense) because the blood trail would be too obvious if she wound up randomly dead/missing by dexter's hands... the whole dept knows they are dating.
-dex and ITK share the same mother, dex and deb share the same father (the affair with the witness, etc)

LONGSHOT

-deb figures out who dex is, and has to make a choice between family and work - like dex made in season 1 when he killed his brother. she will choose to help dex by setting up doakes.

SUPER LONGSHOT

-lila goes down as the BHB (this would paralell the first season's ending, i.e. a morgan dating a serial killer)

future episode names:

Episode 10: There's something about Harry.
-perhaps Doakes finally gets to the root of Dexter's past through his research and he drops a dramabomb on Dex, like that Harry was evil and let Dex's mom die on purpose

Episode 11: Left Turn ahead
-perhaps Doakes gets framed?

Episode 12: British Invasion
-Lila obviously dies

edit: Harry can't be Dex's dad, but he may have THOUGHT he was Dex's dad because he definitely made a deliberate choice between Dex and Brian at the crime scene - why, we don't know.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GIVEN

-dex can't kill doakes, b/c it would violate's harry's code
-doakes has to send in the slides anonymously
-dexter has to analyze the slides to verify the BHB victims' blood
-there will be a confrontation between doakes and dexter, since doakes now knows Dexter is the BHB (perhaps at one of dexters' killings)
-lundy has no idea that it's dexter. we will know if he starts to suspect dexter by if/when lundy starts distancing himself from deb

MAYBE

-doakes will sort of side with dexter (they are both killers) once he understand dex is the BHB and not just some nutty psychopath. they really aren't that different. doakes just can't deal with "not knowing" what Dexter is, but once he finds out we may be surprised at his reaction. if you recall season 1, doakes shot the haitian under the bridge and planted a gun on him
-OR doakes will still hate dex, realize that all the evidence points to doakes, and that he has no choice but to disappear or fake his death, and haunt dexter throughout season 3 (dex becomes the hunted)
-obviously either doakes or dexter has to take the fall for the BHB, and season 3 has been announced so clearly it isn't dexter... so, doakes will go into hiding and possibly take the heat for the BHB, but not get arrested.
-lila's death must be an open/shut case of justifiable homicide (rita will kill lila in total self defense) because the blood trail would be too obvious if she wound up randomly dead/missing by dexter's hands... the whole dept knows they are dating.
-dex and ITK share the same mother, dex and deb share the same father (the affair with the witness, etc)

LONGSHOT

-deb figures out who dex is, and has to make a choice between family and work - like dex made in season 1 when he killed his brother. she will choose to help dex by setting up doakes.

SUPER LONGSHOT

-lila goes down as the BHB (this would paralell the first season's ending, i.e. a morgan dating a serial killer)

future episode names:

Episode 10: There's something about Harry.
-perhaps Doakes finally gets to the root of Dexter's past through his research and he drops a dramabomb on Dex, like that Harry was evil and let Dex's mom die on purpose

Episode 11: Left Turn ahead
-perhaps Doakes gets framed?

Episode 12: British Invasion
-Lila obviously dies

edit: Harry can't be Dex's dad, but he may have THOUGHT he was Dex's dad because he definitely made a deliberate choice between Dex and Brian at the crime scene - why, we don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, great post thanks.

As far as Doakes violating Harry's code, while he is technically not a "bad guy," he has killed multiple people in cold blood (obv not counting special forces [censored]) while on duty.