Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hunting with a rifle seems pretty wack to me. i would like to see somebody take down a deer with their bare hands. that's living, imo

[/ QUOTE ]

before humans had any sort of reliable projectile weapons (and even for a long time after that did) they would usually kill animals like deer and antelope by getting the herd to run off a cliff or ledge. doesn't really seem any more manly to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad there were no cameras around at that time. id love to see footage of that.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 PM

my dad use to hunt when i was younger...but he was more of the hardcore type of hunter who would leave and comeback like a week and a 1/2 later. I dont think he was really into the whole salt lick, sit in a tree stand for 2 days drinking beer type. More of the track walk [censored] of miles n miles type.
He always went with just one or two other dudes who looked like they never left Vietnam.

He grew out of that though and now just fishes 24/7
Old 11-17-2007, 12:07 AM

hunting big game is near ending in montana about now. it has been a slow year because of no snow to track in. i dont hunt anymore and have killed most all the game species over and over. after a time you tire of killing things.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:24 AM

Marinate it in weak brewed coffee for a few hours, stab it a bunch of times with a knife and put tiny slivers of fresh garlick in the hole. Spinkle a tiny bit of cinnamen on it and bake it. Slice it thin. Drip some gravey on it. Smashed potatoes, sliced carrots boiled in butter, brown sugar and some water. A stiff 7&7 with lots of ice. Yummy.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Back in town. I got a doe, which is my first deer ever! After I shot I got a serious case of the shakes, anyone else ever experince that? Several others in my party say they have, we think it is all the emotions/movements you are trying to keep in while the deer is approaching and then after the shot you just let it all out. I was literally shaking in my stand for the next 5+ minutes while I waited for my friend to arrive and I got down to go investigate.

The rest of my party got another doe and 2 small bucks. Have to go out of town for the final weekend but another great season in the books! Good luck to anyone who has more hunting to go!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:33 AM

Good job ruining Bambi's life. You should be ashamed.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 AM

Grats on the first one buddy!

That rush is something you just can't explain to most people.

Buck fever man, and it never completely goes away. Probably all the adrenaline while you are trying to be still/quiet.

Must be nice to be able to shoot does by the handfull in Wisky. Here in MN, it's a lottery for a doe tag and they aren't easy to get unless you are new to hunting, or in a management area.

My group got a decent 8-pointer, and could have shot about 10 does(seriously).

Cheers
Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hunting big game is near ending in montana about now. it has been a slow year because of no snow to track in. i dont hunt anymore and have killed most all the game species over and over. after a time you tire of killing things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I had always heard from older guys that once you get old, it's not about the kill, it's about the hunt itself. (comraderie, being in the outdoors, etc)

I actually find myself leaning more towards the latter and I've only been hunting for 10 years.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 AM

Deer dont know that they are being hunted ehh? Why is it that they run away from people then. Why is it that during hunting season they tend to move to areas where there is little to no hunting pressure?

As far as the whole fair argument goes. We have the ablity to make and use tools. That is our advantage. The animals have keener senses, and are swifter of foot than we. That is where their strengths lie.

Please do your reasearch before you make comments.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 AM

I only got to hunt Saturday and Sunday morning (school Monday + a date Sunday night = not much huntin'). We saw three does that came to our feeder in the backyard of our cabin Friday night and then the only other deer I saw was in a field while driving back home [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. My dad saw a few, but they were too far away and he missed the first time. Then he set up to get a shot at them as they were coming back and it turns out that they actually ran right past him from behind and he couldn't turn around fast enough to get a shot off. And then as he's walking towards where I was, he jumps another. Damn, I ran bad this season [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]!

We're thinking about doing some stuff to our land to make it more attractive for hunting next season. Before the CWD scare, we used to feed them corn whenever we were up there and we might have as many as 15 deer in a night. Then we stopped feeding them because of the CWD scare and haven't had a whole lot since. Probably plant some food plots and do a little more scout work and stand placement for next year. Spring turkey season is a long ways away for the next trip out into the wild [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

edit- congrats to shoe on his first deer!