Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: 50NL- 44 Flops a Full House

No doubt if he has an 8 the money is going in anyway. I'm more thinking if he has jacks, I want to commit him now before a scare card rolls off. I'd advocate min-raising before I'd say go ahead and flat call. You are out of position then and aren't going to be able to extract as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:57 AM

I agree with jeff he hit the 2nd nuts on the flop and is almost guaranteed the best hand. I would reraise light on this perhaps only to $20 or max $22...and like jeff said try to gain some more value off the turn regardless of what card hits.

If villain hits higher boat on turn or river well thats just poker, but I agree I would try to extract as much value as possible on flop and turn so I could push on river...
Old 11-30-2007, 03:45 PM

I like to push back here. As said, if he has an 8, the money's going in regardless. If you have him on a weak overpair I think the value of a reraise here would be greater than the call/donk line. Too many scary action-killing cards can come on the turn. It's probably slightly more profitable to hope your opponent has JJ and is too eager to stack off with it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:54 PM

I'd be surprised if you get too much more money out of a TT/99 type of hand here, regardless of what you do or what cards fall.

Maybe one more bet, likely on the river if turn is checked through--and as has been said, lost of cards to stop a TT/99 from adding $$$ to the pot can easily fall.

Generally with an underfull, I don't try to mess around getting another small bet from a weak one pair hand here very often. I prefer to make sure that as much money goes in on the flop against 8x/AA/etc as possible when I'm ahead.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I would minraise here and push turn.