Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: FullTilt WSOP qualifiers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i effing hate FTP...

got drunk and lost 2.5k in a night b/c they didn't buy me in directly, and i have no self control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww. Does this mean your trip to Vegas is off?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm still going, it just means that all the coolness involved in winning those two tourneys is gone. i still have enough to buy into the 1500 on june 9th that i was planning on playing. the whole thing is just annoying b/c i was under the impression that i'd just show up and play, and now it's annoying to have to go through the trouble of withdrawing, sending a check to harrah's, yadda yadda.

basically, i hate ftp.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
 is offline

I won my seat on FTP a few weeks ago. I now have 10K in my account and a little bit of a dilemma.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won my seat on FTP a few weeks ago. I now have 10K in my account and a little bit of a dilemma.

[/ QUOTE ]

pocket 9k
play super
win ME
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 AM

Bodog is instantly giving cash.

Issue with the lammers is that Harrah's won't let someone walk up to the cage and say, "I'd like to buy 1.6M in lammers please, will you take a wire?"
Old 04-13-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Issue with the lammers is that Harrah's won't let someone walk up to the cage and say, "I'd like to buy 1.6M in lammers please, will you take a wire?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i somehow doubt this is true. but, if it is, harrah's is retarded for throwing away free $$$
Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That can't be the problem, because as I posted above, they should be able to buy 5 to 15 at a time for cash.
Send a couple of employesss / trusted individuals every few days to a Harrah's property for these smaller quantities, & they'll soon have all the lammers they need. ...
Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so Bodog and FTP are paying out in cash ...

Does anyone know what Stars and UB (or others) are going to do?

I won my seat on Stars, and they haven't said anything definitive so far. My impression is that they don't know yet, and are trying to figure out a way to best "encourage" people to play and not take the cash.

Does anyone know what UB is doing?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won my seat on Stars, and they haven't said anything definitive so far. My impression is that they don't know yet, and are trying to figure out a way to best "encourage" people to play and not take the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they buy your seat, you're bound by the agreement that says you have to allow them to use your likeness for promo purposes and you can't wear gear from another site. That's why they don't want to just give the cash, otherwise it's the same cost to them.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they buy your seat, you're bound by the agreement that says you have to allow them to use your likeness for promo purposes and you can't wear gear from another site. That's why they don't want to just give the cash, otherwise it's the same cost to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK that was a weird sideways semi-hijack of my post, so I'm going to reassert the question ...

Does anyone know what UB is doing? Or any other sites, for that matter ... all I know is that FTP and bodog sre paying cash, and that Stars seems to be trying to formulate a game plan...

Anyone?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM

won my seat on stars last night. this is from their email:

[ QUOTE ]
4. Our registration staff will be in touch with you in 4-6 weeks to give you information about registering for the trip. Please note that we have a company called "Meridican" that is handling all WSOP hotel and registration issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

im guessing this means, their company Meridican will be registering people to possibly avoid any connection to a direct online poker company? i suppose it looks more discreet for "Meridican" to be buying a bunch of people in instead of "PokerStars"