Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 PM

Default eagles -7 over lions?

Is there something im not seeing here...It seems to me that eagles were -7 last week too and lost the game by 8...so then this week against an equally good team in detroit, they are -7 again?!? Washington and Detroit are very different teams, and even if one assumes washington is better, should the line really be this high...someone plz give me a reason not to bet detroit, bc i feel like im jumping on the bandwagon betting against them...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: eagles -7 over lions?

most of the books have already moved to -6.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM

now i know what mcnabb was talking about with black qbs being under more pressure than white ones

what white qb has to deal with covering a 7 point spread coming off of two losses and looking horrible
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM

at the start of each week on Monday and I write down what I think the spreads will be, check the current lines, and make my bets accordingly ( and recently blindly betting whatever Daliman posts). I had the spread right at -7.

Whats the problem? Philly is at home. It is as close to a must win as a game can be this early on. Saints are in a must win to I feel. Also, if you watched the Monday night game, they did not get manhandled. Washington scored on the weirdest drive I have seen this year to close out the half. The Eagles were inside the the ten three times and scored six points.

Besides Donovans rush and some special teams miscues in Week 1, the Eagles don't look horrible. If you watched the Detroit game this weekend it was pretty brutal.

So in conclusion, the Eagles are slightly better football team (-4) and the play at home (-3). That being said I would simply avoid this game. The line is not wongable and these two teams are so erratic who knows which one will come to play. However if i had to choose a side I would tease Philly and the under
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at the start of each week on Monday and I write down what I think the spreads will be, check the current lines, and make my bets accordingly ( and recently blindly betting whatever Daliman posts). I had the spread right at -7.

Whats the problem? Philly is at home. It is as close to a must win as a game can be this early on. Saints are in a must win to I feel. Also, if you watched the Monday night game, they did not get manhandled. Washington scored on the weirdest drive I have seen this year to close out the half. The Eagles were inside the the ten three times and scored six points.

Besides Donovans rush and some special teams miscues in Week 1, the Eagles don't look horrible. If you watched the Detroit game this weekend it was pretty brutal.

So in conclusion, the Eagles are slightly better football team (-4) and the play at home (-3). That being said I would simply avoid this game. The line is not wongable and these two teams are so erratic who knows which one will come to play. However if i had to choose a side I would tease Philly and the under

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the argument on them being better than the last few games, but reality is that they did make those mistakes. And it's not like there's just one mistake they made...there have been a few, so maybe it's not just that the ball bounces weird, maybe they're just not that great?

Detroit also only really looked shabby vs. one of the best defenses in the NFL (Minnesota's D is VERY underrated because of how bad their offense is) when their backup QB was in the game. When Kitna was playing he moved the offense very effectively.

Philly's getting booed at home, coming off a short week, McNabb's not 100% healthy (very obviously) and taking heat for his HBO comments. Some of the worst receivers in the NFL and McNabb can't move well so Westbrook's pretty much their only viable threat, and their D looks very mediocre vs. Detroit's offense which has looked extremely good with Kitna moving the ball.

I like the Lions here.

- C -
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 PM

I never liked the Lions on the road
Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what white qb has to deal with covering a 7 point spread coming off of two losses and looking horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid analysis. I need to start doing that Sports Guy "guess the point spread" thing.

[ QUOTE ]
I never liked the Lions on the road

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah me neither.

I heard Tavaris Jackson was bad but I'm watching NFL replay now and Tavaris Jackson is bad.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 PM

Tavaris is likely not starting, last I heard.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:49 PM

lions are going to win this game. Forsure wont get beat by 7. kitna and the recivers are to stong. I never thought i would say this but kitna in the OT lastweek says it all.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lions are going to win this game. Forsure wont get beat by 7. kitna and the recivers are to stong. I never thought i would say this but kitna in the OT lastweek says it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HAS LOCKS!!! DETROIT ML FOR REALZ GARANTEE MONIES GET ON IT NOW BET THE HOUSE!!!!!

I'll take 10-1 for $100 on Philly ML and 10-1 for $100 on Phi -6.5 plz.

- C -