[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it will be sold this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me 20-1 it won't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naj, can we quit all these little cute posts where you try to offer people 5x worse than market price whenever they express confidence on something? Obviously, even if it was a lock, they'd be better off betting it elsewhere. It really doesn't prove anything at all when they refuse you and your little 20:1 posts clutter up the forum more than their declarations do.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fairness to Naj, I think his point was valid. Anyone coming on and saying "this is a lock, free money" with no analysis can deal with sarcastic responses, IMO.

Let's all put aside our differences and put this thread in I HAS LOCKS, where it belongs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perf responded and offered to give me 8 or 10-1 on KC not making playoffs when line was 4-1 [I took him up on that], so I think I'll keep doing it when I want to. It's to make $$, not to be cute.

I've also won money from posters who swore up and down the Skins would be >8-8 in past years, and Terps would finish > UNC cbb as well.
Also, last week the question was about ATS/scores after OSU benched their starters. That is not offered in *any* book, so it's highly strange for you to say I can't try to negotiate a price here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for misinterpreting, I figured that you were just trying to make a point. Either way, I don't see why anyone would take issue with it.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Free money from BODOG

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you think Ford will get $23 Billion?

[/ QUOTE ]
The valuations I'm hearing on Jaguar/LR are in the area of $1.5BN. I don't know how the payments would work out on a settlement but I doubt it would be a lump sum, and plenty of external financing would still be needed. I'm not overly familiar with the labor situation, but I don't think that it would have any real relation to the Jaguar/LR situation.

[ QUOTE ]
It should be done this weekend, and announced next week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much respect if you're right on this. This would absolutely shock me.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The valuations I'm hearing on Jaguar/LR are in the area of $1.5BN. I don't know how the payments would work out on a settlement but I doubt it would be a lump sum, and plenty of external financing would still be needed. I'm not overly familiar with the labor situation, but I don't think that it would have any real relation to the Jaguar/LR situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the valuation is about right. There are still issues around where would Jaguar engines come from, and CO2 fleet affects. But i still think this weekend is it.

The connection to the labor issue, is that Ford will have to come up with about $23 Billion to match the GM settlement. Last year Ford mortgaged everything. So, every $B will be precious. But i have to admit this part of the discussion is me speculating. I know far less about the financing of the health care settlement.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It should be done this weekend, and announced next week.

[/ QUOTE ]
Much respect if you're right on this. This would absolutely shock me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me as well. I guess we'll find out!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 PM

just saw this on the tv

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/22/news...s/unions_tata/

Tata bid for Jaguar, Land Rover boosted
Unions back offer, say Tata would be best suited to manage the luxury brands if Ford sells them - reports.

Huge boost for Tata
Old 11-22-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it will be sold this year

[/ QUOTE ]

is it getting sold in next 5 weeks you think?
Old 11-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the update. Current Bodog odds. Still any value?

-----

Odds On: Which manufacturer will buy Ford's Jaguar and Land Rover brands?

Listed Competitors Only. Both Jaguar and Land Rover must be sold to the same buyer by January 31st, 2008 for wagers to have action. Any wagers placed after outcome is public knowledge will be no action. Max. $50.

The Tata Group 6/5
Mahindra & Mahindra 5/2
The Fiat Group 9/1
Cerberus Capital Management 2/1
One Equity Partners 5/2
Ripplewood Holdings 5/1
Texas Pacific Group 11/2
Old 11-22-2007, 03:00 PM

No such thing as free money from Bodog.
On a whim, they will just take your money away from you.
Claim that it was an obviously bad line.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 PM

skip you are crazy. Bodog grades these bets correctly and pays out on them 99% of the time.

What is your beef with Bodog anyway? The only thing I see you posted in SB forum is knocking them multiple times but no reason why. I have taken $10k + off them the last 2 years on silly bets alone. Paying every single time.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:14 PM

I suppose that it is possibe that Bodog has changed. I haven't dealt with them since they no-actioned a boxing bet (Klitschko-Brock) shortly before the start of the event. They no actioned me (late) two other times to leave me with naked arbs. Perhaps if I had won the other sides instead of going 0-fer, I wouldn't be so upset. They used to deal dual lines (while vehemently denying it). Perhaps they don't do this anymore. The vig was quite stiff on the events that I wanted to play (I didn't bet baseball, apparently they were okay there.) I haven't done any sportsbetting since the neteller fiasco. Maybe the landscape has changed. It is entirely possible that I was just unlucky with them. I was never no-actioned at any other site (played mostly Pinny and The Greek, but some at Bet Jamaica, WSEX and Skybook).

On the poker front, they didn't seem to care about what seemed like very obvious collusion that I encountered there.