Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-17-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: AA laydown

If they are beating up on you and taking advantage of you and everything, I happily get it in here.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 PM

tank, call, c/r any turn AI.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 AM

This is a marginal spot but your ahead of his range, get it all in. Raise > Fold > Call
Old 11-18-2007, 12:22 PM

Isnt this a situation where you are either up against a set or flush draw (possibly flush draw/straight draw combo), with the draws more likely? If so, is it terrible to call the flop raise and push a non heart turn?

Is his reaction to a heart turn worth considering? If a heart comes is there a significant chance he will check behind with a non nut flush after you called the flop raise, giving you a chance to hit a heart on the river or is this never happening? And if this is the case, I suppose we wont make enough from him to justify calling the flop anyway... im a bit confused...

Or are there too many cards that can hit him on the turn to make calling the worst play?

Im new to this forum and havnt posted before so sorry if this is horrible thinking. I would usually just go over the top of him on the flop. I feel I play small/medium pots fairly well, but most of my losses come from badly played "big" pf hands (AA - QQ) and want to examine other options.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 PM

I think I go with it here b/c I have the feeling he has the capacity to do this as a stone bluff and with draws. It looks really strong to raise into you with the other guy in to the pot, if he is capable of thinking at this level definitely AI. He could showup with like JJ here too, not very well played but its possible imo