Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Embracing my inner calling station...

Online 3-6, full ring...the Button is a spazzy regular who unpredictably varies his play from Station to LAG. The other players are unknown to me.

Preflop: There is an MP poster...I limp UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP checks, CO raises, Button coldcalls, both blinds fold, I call, UTG+1 limp-reraises[!], MP poster folds, everyone calls.

Flop: (13.5 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players).
I check, UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Button folds, I call, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (9 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players).
I check, CO bets, I call.

River: (11BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players).
I check, CO bets, I call.

Given the PF action, I was considering checkraising the flop if it came back to me without the CO or Button placing aggressive action. However, once the CO raised the flop, I couldn't bring myself to either fold for two more or checkraise, so I just called. Consequently, given that the limp-reraiser ended up folding the flop, I figured I was then pretty in a WA/WB situation with the CO, and decided to try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

Too weak, or just right?