Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM

Default TT w/ PF raisers on a mostly harmless board

I was going to make it a playalong but I decided: Nah.

BB is 11.5/0/3 over a WHOPPING 26 hands.
One short of a music player is 34.5/17.24/1.57 after an even more impressive 29 hands.

You'll know it when you see it.

$0.5/1 Texas Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font><font color="green">?!?!</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 07-26-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: TT w/ PF raisers on a mostly harmless board

I think u should bet the turn. BB has played like a flush draw. Probably wouldn't call pf with a small pair, so set risk is reduced. pf cap is an option.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 AM

Call flop raise, bet turn, bet river.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think u should bet the turn. BB has played like a flush draw. Probably wouldn't call pf with a small pair, so set risk is reduced. pf cap is an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'm not too sure that BB would check/raise and cap the flop with three players on just a flush draw. I've been wondering what he calls three bets there with preflop, though.

Personally, I cap preflop and lead the flop, but that's just me. With BB's check/raise on the flop, I might go into calldown mode and hope he turns over a worse hand at the end.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 AM

I really think betting the turn is bad.

What do you "bet turn" guys think MP2 has after he calls hero's 3-bet on the flop..? AK, AQ? People call with overs here?

IMO you played the hand fine.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Looks fine/scary to me until the nicely checked through river.

There seems to be plenty to be concerned about on the flop to just try to show it down cheaply and put a hex on the clubs.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering what he calls three bets there with preflop, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
He appears tight. I don't think A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are out of the question. Possibly even TT-QQ as well. Although really, we don't have enough hands with him at this point to know if he'll raise or cap anything preflop.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think betting the turn is bad.

What do you "bet turn" guys think MP2 has after he calls hero's 3-bet on the flop..? AK, AQ? People call with overs here?

IMO you played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a 'bet turn' guy. When MP2 calls the flop 3-bet, I think his range is a lot more of big UI overs rather than a big pocket pair. He's not completely passive, so he might be capping the flop with them, especially AA/KK, rather than fearing a set already. It is .5/1, and I see people riding AK to the river since, I don't know, it's a big hand and they hate to fold it since they have a live draw to top pair.

In this spot, I wouldn't expect someone to call the flop with say KK with the intention of popping a non-club turn. So I think they don't have a big pair or are scared with it. If we check to them, I think there is a chance they will bet that pair for value, but won't bet AK if they have that. I really don't think we are getting raised on this turn unless they specifically hold JJ or 77. So if one bet might be going in when we are behind but never going in if we're ahead by checking, I'd rather bet ourselves and put one bet in all the time, even moreso since we may have some FE against big cards, which if they fold, would be a good thing.

Since Hero didn't bet the turn, I see no reason to donk the river though.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:11 PM

cadet picard,

this would have made a reasonable playalong even though boz is not away from the henhouse just yet.

i think we should give some consideration to capping preflop for value. 3bettor is looking laggy and we have bb wedged in. howeer, given bb's apparent tightness (combined with aggression when he hits) and our bad absolute and relative position, i'm ok with calling and seeing what happens.

flop c/3bet is nice and easy. i don't know why it's associated with so much punctuation.

the turn decision is tough because we know how the action plays out. it really sucks to bet here and get c/r by bb. nonetheless, nix has said some good things about donking to protect our hand from mp2's likely overcards, and this would be an ubertricky c/r by bb, so i guess i'm convinced of the value of donking the turn.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop c/3bet is nice and easy. i don't know why it's associated with so much punctuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that it was because the tight BB check raised.