Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
Someone is holding a gun to your head, three laptops, and a DSL scrambler, and has a note that says that your wife and kids are being held ransom in an undisclosed location, where waterboarding is a favourite activity. All he demands is that you multiaccount the WCOOP ME on the three laptops, while explaining the definition of false dichotomy. Do you do it? DO YOU?????

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, nice.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone is holding a gun to your head, three laptops, and a DSL scrambler, and has a note that says that your wife and kids are being held ransom in an undisclosed location, where waterboarding is a favourite activity. All he demands is that you multiaccount the WCOOP ME on the three laptops, while explaining the definition of false dichotomy. Do you do it? DO YOU?????

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, funny.
i said my situation was ridiculous in my post though.

point still holds true, you need to not be a homeless bum to have 'self-worth'

and multiaccounting doesn't mean you are going to hell.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Kinda surprised that Funki would say that re material possessions and self worth; I always thought he was one of the smartest posters on the forum. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain himself, because by that logic I should have just killed myself three years ago.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda surprised that Funki would say that re material possessions and self worth; I always thought he was one of the smartest posters on the forum. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain himself, because by that logic I should have just killed myself three years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I somehow went broke again, like I was last year, I'd definitely kill myself. Being broke is a great reason to kill oneself. People who act like they are completely impervious to the effects having or not having money are 1. lying 2. self-righteous [censored].
Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being broke is a great reason to kill oneself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if your serious or not, but if you are, that is one of the dumbest comments I've read on these forums.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if your serious or not, but if you are, that is one of the dumbest comments I've read on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see more bums killing themselves or dying due to self-destructive behavior or billionaires on yachts?

I don't have any stats on me free-hand but I am pretty sure they have a higher suicide rate so apparently then the world would agree with me. If you are broke, you can't do anything you want, and all your resources immediately go to food/shelter (Maslow's heirarchy of needs ftw!) Then you can't enjoy life.

Money makes the world go round and more people have killed and died for money than anything else. Whether or not Nath feels he is above this because he has such supreme ethics doesn't make it not true.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually fits in well with the rest of the comments he has made. If there is no money then why live? Have you not been reading his other comments? Having money is more important than personal integrity and spending said money on flashy material items is more important than squirelling it away for a rainy day. And if you do not agree then you are a liar or just plain lame.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You see more bums killing themselves or dying due to self-destructive behavior or billionaires on yachts?

I don't have any stats on me free-hand but I am pretty sure they have a higher suicide rate so apparently then the world would agree with me. If you are broke, you can't do anything you want, and all your resources immediately go to food/shelter (Maslow's heirarchy of needs ftw!) Then you can't enjoy life.

Money makes the world go round and more people have killed and died for money than anything else. Whether or not Nath feels he is above this because he has such supreme ethics doesn't make it not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not arguing that tons of people do kill themselves because they are broke. It probably is the top reason why. I think it is just dumb that you say it is a "great reason". There is no great reason to kill yourself. There really is no reason at all.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually fits in well with the rest of the comments he has made. If there is no money then why live? Have you not been reading his other comments? Having money is more important than personal integrity and spending said money on flashy material items is more important than squirelling it away for a rainy day. And if you do not agree then you are a liar or just plain lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are only a liar if you claim you would choose your integrity over poverty. If you are doing well enough that you don't struggle to put food on the table, then you can start branching yourself away from the level of integrity/ethics of the multiaccounters. The stronger one's morals are = the more they hold out. It is my belief that everyone has a price though. I believe over 99% of 2p2 would use the superuser accounts on AP if there was 0 risk to personal reputation and it was just plain stealing EV. And the 1% definitely is people that are doing well off, and 0% of the "busto" population of 2p2 would not steal people's EV. It is a cruel world. Wherever there is a lot of money to be one, there will be people doing nefarious things to get that money (multiaccounting, superusering, colluding, stealing, etc.) Whether or not you fight back, or just protect yourself, is up for ethical debate. Fact of the matter is that the vast majority of people, "cash rules everything around me, dolla dolla bills yo dolla dolla bills yo, etc. etc."
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I somehow went broke again, like I was last year, I'd definitely kill myself. Being broke is a great reason to kill oneself. People who act like they are completely impervious to the effects having or not having money are 1. lying 2. self-righteous [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual around here lately, and in mainstream culture for that matter, people are taking argument to completely unrealistic extremes in order to try and make a point. It doesn't work like more money=more happy. However, if you are not able to meet your basic needs, then obviously your mental and emotional state is going to be extremely negatively affected. There are some people who base their worth as a person on their net worth, and that is unfortunate for them, since they will never be truly happy as long as they do that because ultimately they are basing their happiness on things and on what other people think of them. If I couldn't afford foods with proper nutrition for my kids, or couldn't afford presents for their birthdays, clothes for my family and me, proper health care, or a decent house to live in, etc., then I would obviously feel like [censored] about myself, and many people around the world are in this very situation.

So, in summary, Google Maslow's hierarchy of needs and read up. Some of those things require money, most do not, and if those needs aren't filled then all of the self-actualization work is not possible.

Of course, I have money, so maybe that's why I'm happy.