Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Mel Kiper Jr\'s 4-Round Mock Draft

[ QUOTE ]
He does a good job on draft day as he knows somethign about every player that is taken and could probably tell you all about him even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hope so. It's his job.

I'll take Kiper over a lot of the ESPN talking heads, he atleast says intelligent things. I juts think it's silly how much attention the draft gets in the weeks and months leading up to it.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, but to many of this fools just read things of a computer screen. Sportstalk Radio is the worst all of them go on and on about something they have a bunch of info in front of them about but the minute they are confronted by a caller or try and ad-lib they make factual mistakes left and right. I do like Kiper more then most people, but how awesome would it be to have a successful ex-GM as part of the coverage. They could offer more insight into the strategy of the draft and also offer better explanantions why a team reached for a pick or passed up on obvious value. Man, that is enough long winded posts for me today.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of a better QB prospect since Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner of backhanded compliment of the day award.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key word was "prospect."
Old 04-13-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about their situation, but the other talking heads were saying Jets and Titans take QBs - this was during sportscenter at 3/6 yesterday.

I'm a Raider's fan and realize there is a good chance that Young falls to 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were a Chargers fan when you said you hoped Young slipped to Oakland [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, Leinart will be a good QB, but not a 10 time Pro Bowler or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised everyone is so down on this guy. I think he's going to be awesome. I can't think of a better QB prospect since Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, Bush will be fantastic! I can't think of a better candidate since Nixon.
Man, Felix Pie looks awesome! I haven't seen someone so athletic since Corey Patterson.
Man, I got nothing left. Something about Hitler.

[/ QUOTE ]We're misunderstanding each other. I'm going to attribute it to your idiocy rather than my own. For now at least.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, but to many of this fools just read things of a computer screen. Sportstalk Radio is the worst all of them go on and on about something they have a bunch of info in front of them about but the minute they are confronted by a caller or try and ad-lib they make factual mistakes left and right. I do like Kiper more then most people, but how awesome would it be to have a successful ex-GM as part of the coverage. They could offer more insight into the strategy of the draft and also offer better explanantions why a team reached for a pick or passed up on obvious value. Man, that is enough long winded posts for me today.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have former and even current GM's talk about the draft on ESPN all the time. The problem is that you have 32 different teams each with different philosophies. It is impossible for someone to predict how 1 team is going to draft, let alone 32 completly different teams.

Mock drafts are never going to be accurate on a pick by pick basis but guys like Mel do a good job of getting the flow of the draft right.

I wish they would spend a lot more time going over last years draft this time of year. Let us know who did what, how the players have turned out, what kind of pattern do the teams follow. Rating drafts the day after is moronic, I would like to see more of that now.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key word was "prospect."

[/ QUOTE ]

So would calling him "the best prospect since Ryan Leaf" be a compliment or an insult? =)

I know what you're saying, I'm just playing around.