Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I like all the examples given, but that last one w/ jeans would look really hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a huge waste that would be of hotness potential.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM

Yes, wearing blue or white is deadly boring. I personally hate wearing both colors. I look best in Maroon, or darker shades of purple.

In Los Angeles, many guys are wearing girls clothing. If anyone ever hears a reference to gee-pees, that stands for "girls pants." Even American Apperal has came out with an androgenous line of clothing. I don't like them, but I like the thinking behind it (the new fashion designs from the major names look androgenous as well). I think this is because guys clothing is made out of polyester, and feels terrible when we sweat. Girls clothing is always made out of cotton or nylon.

The polyester thing is a throwback to the days when men were out working in factories and digging coal. Men tend to do many non-physical labor jobs. I don't understand why the disigners aren't making clothing that is light for men.

Also the trend in Los Angeles seems to be ultra-fitted.

I hate silk shirts. I think silk is uncomfortable, and cheap looking. It also streaches to easily. Rayon is comfortable and always cool, even in 110 degree heat.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one that most of the guys apparently hate but the girls seem to like,

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy, why would any girl like these tops? They're not sexy at all, in fact they make an otherwise cute girl look boring and fat.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy, why would any girl like these tops? They're not sexy at all, in fact they make an otherwise cute girl look boring and fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question. Same reason girls like all things that make it easier to not look fat. They think it doesn't make them look like they're trying to hide that they're fat. Because they're looking at it like girls, with a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

From a guy's perspective, we know what the wishful thinking is all about, and that girls don't wear "fat clothes" accidentally -- they wear them because they're fat! So seeing them is pretty far from enticing or visually interesting.

I'll go a step further. These loose, blowsy floppy creations are by their nature hard to find attractive, because basically being a blowsy floppy tent doesn't provide clean, flattering lines, or any tease effect. Its effect is solely in the negative -- what you DON'T see, what you CAN'T admire, what you WON'T be able to judge a woman's body by except that it suggests she's trying to conceal it.

Maternity clothes are for the pregnant, ladies. If you're looking pregnant when you're not, "fat clothes" are not where you should turn to solve that problem. Nobody is fooled, and they're the last thing that could be flattering.

The best thing that could be said about fat clothes is that some of them are at least not sloppy.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. This is very odd. Clearly we have stumbled on a fashion that girls love and men hate. I like this look a lot. First, they remind me of a baby doll dress or nightie. Are you guys telling me that you don't like girls in baby doll night shirts? Second, they look young to me and I guess I would rather dress young than old. I like all kinds of fashions. T-shirts, tube tops, tunics. And I love the baby doll look. I think it's sexy AND sort of innocent.

Here's one from Wet Seal that I like. It's a crochet trim baby doll top in brown,

In a sense Blarg is right. These tops are forgiving when it comes to girls with hips or a little tummy. Nevertheless, I think these tops look really good on skinny girls too. I think they are a fun look and I just love them. They have a look of youth. You can tell from a girl's arms and face if she is skinny or fat. Skinny girls love these tops. Personally I don't feel like wearing tight clingy tops every day. I like to mix it up. These tops are really feminine and innocent if you ask me. I disagree that they all look like maternity tops.

This top would look great paired with these jeans, imo

I love this next color very much. It's a jewel chain halter top (featuring a baby doll cut). Surely you guys approve of this look [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, wearing blue or white is deadly boring. I personally hate wearing both colors. I look best in Maroon, or darker shades of purple.

In Los Angeles, many guys are wearing girls clothing. If anyone ever hears a reference to gee-pees, that stands for "girls pants." Even American Apperal has came out with an androgenous line of clothing. I don't like them, but I like the thinking behind it (the new fashion designs from the major names look androgenous as well). I think this is because guys clothing is made out of polyester, and feels terrible when we sweat. Girls clothing is always made out of cotton or nylon.

The polyester thing is a throwback to the days when men were out working in factories and digging coal. Men tend to do many non-physical labor jobs. I don't understand why the disigners aren't making clothing that is light for men.

Also the trend in Los Angeles seems to be ultra-fitted.

I hate silk shirts. I think silk is uncomfortable, and cheap looking. It also streaches to easily. Rayon is comfortable and always cool, even in 110 degree heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to confirm, you are a woman, right?

Maroon and dark purple may look good on you and I'm sure they're fine at the club, but they are completely inappropriate for a dress shirt.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Katy

I do agree with you. I think these tops can look very good on women who are thin and those that may carry a little extra weight.
I do think that necklines can play a big role as to whether or not this type of top looks "maternity".

Its been said and agreed upon that men are very visual beings so with that in mind it would seem logical that an undefined silhouette would not be the preferred look. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I like the pics that you have chosen and fwiw I prefer more muted colors-
Here are a few more-I have a pretty good idea who will like what.

This one is a lot more fitted and maybe not in the same category, but I like the funky pattern.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one I think Borodog might approve of,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Hi Scully. Welcome to the Lounge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like your choice of pics. Great selection and nice job illustrating how necklines make a huge difference between maternity-looking and sexy looking. I actually like both kinds of necklines myself. I'm not always comfortable wearing a plunging neckline. The shirt has to be a perfect fit to do that.

I could see myself wearing the first and last top that you posted. I sort of like that funky pattern in your 3rd pic. The 2nd pic with the pink top is a good example of how skinny girls can look smokin in a top that's not tight and clingy.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question. Same reason girls like all things that make it easier to not look fat. They think it doesn't make them look like they're trying to hide that they're fat. Because they're looking at it like girls, with a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

From a guy's perspective, we know what the wishful thinking is all about, and that girls don't wear "fat clothes" accidentally -- they wear them because they're fat! So seeing them is pretty far from enticing or visually interesting.

I'll go a step further. These loose, blowsy floppy creations are by their nature hard to find attractive, because basically being a blowsy floppy tent doesn't provide clean, flattering lines, or any tease effect. Its effect is solely in the negative -- what you DON'T see, what you CAN'T admire, what you WON'T be able to judge a woman's body by except that it suggests she's trying to conceal it.

Maternity clothes are for the pregnant, ladies. If you're looking pregnant when you're not, "fat clothes" are not where you should turn to solve that problem. Nobody is fooled, and they're the last thing that could be flattering.

The best thing that could be said about fat clothes is that some of them are at least not sloppy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg I have to disagree with you. I know plenty of skinny girls who wear loose tops (smocky tops, loose t-shirts, baby doll tops). What's the problem? A thin, athletic girl can look great in a baby doll top. I think tops like the ones posted above can look light and soft and feminine. Add a plunging neckline and you have a sexy look. Personally, I get tired of the tight, tarty-looking tops. Anyway, it may not be turning on you guys but some of us girls like them and it doesn't always mean a girl is trying to hide fat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]