Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Where to go....

Hi all, I want to hear some opinions as to where the best poker destination/vacation spot is. I've never been to Vegas or anywhere like that, turned 21 almost a year ago now. I want to plan a trip around Christmas sometime between Dec 15 and Jan 13.

I originally was thinking Vegas, but should I consider AC, Cali or Tunica? Main interest is poker, but would like the bar and club scene as well. I want to play 2-5NLHE and maybe some PLO. So based on game selection, price, etc, let me know what you would do if you were me and had a week to kill somewhere.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Where to go....

I think you might as well go to Vegas. The bar and club scene is great there. You can always find any game you want going on 24/7, plus it's just a cool place to be in general. I've been to Reno, Vegas, Cali, and AC (but not Tunica). I would definitely vote for Vegas.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:46 PM

Im 22 and got back from vegas about 2 months ago and it was my second trip in a year, first trip i stayed at bellagio and had a great run at the 2-5 nlh second trip stayed at MGM and actually didnt run well all weekend and left a big loser. I went with a couple of buddies and the club and bar scene was phenominal. I would definitely recommend vegas for you but i would plan on going with atleast $5000 for a weekend.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Go to Vegas for at least once in your life if you have never been. The only reason to go to AC would be the tournaments for which they generally get a better average attendance than I think they do in Vegas. AC is imitation Vegas for the most part. Vegas is a place you should see at least once in your life. Plus there is more of a nightlife....clubs and such, there will be more to do there.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Vegas if you have never been for best max combo of poker & fun...but, the place is jammed from around Christmas through New Year, so book now if that is when you want to go. Tunica for massively serious poker action in Jan (WSOP-C & WPT WPO). Club scene does not exist, but who cares.