Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Problem with PokerStars cashout request

I have been cutting back in my online play over the past year or so. A couple weeks ago I emailed a few sites i have the most money on (including PokerStars)about how to withdraw funds since neteller is no longer available for US players. I specifically told PokerStars I was planning on withdrawing some of my money.

Well I received a transfer from another player at poker stars the same day I request a cashout (the transfer was less than half the cashout request, and I was leaving money on to play with as well.

And they inquire and then deny my cashout accusing me of cashing out the transferred money. I told them I had been planning a cashout and sent a copy of the email from 2 weeks prior indicating this (apparently they just ignored this).

They tell me this: We are no longer allowing cashouts of transfers where you
have not played with the funds. Often people do this to pay off debts
incurred outside of our site. This new policy is due to the rising costs
of processing cashouts which we cover for our playing customers.

So I tell them again that the cashout was previously planned and the transfer is incidental and a cooincidence (they ignore this as well).

So then I email support complaining and telling them I want to close my account and want to know how much the 'cost of processing a cashout' is as this is the reason they touted as why they were denying my cashout.

So then the get back to me saying 'fraud is another possiblity' players sometimes deposit using a credit card and then cashout, bla, bla. (we are talking about a $300 transfer here).

They tell me, transfer the funds back and you can cashout.

So it seems to me at this point their postion is that I need to transfer the fund back or continue to play with the funds I have on deposit there and loose it all since they are not allowing me to cashout my funds.

I have emails to prove I was inquiring about cashouts from PokerSTars and other sites that I offered to show them (they ignored this also).

Is this crazy or am I crazy? It seems like they are using the cooincidence that a player transferred me money close to the time that I requested a cashout as an excuse to not give me my money (that I indicated I was planning on requesting 2 weeks prior).

I thought PokerStars was supposed to be a quality site. They are giving me the run around.

Is there some conspiracy to deny US players from cashing out funds from poker sites?

And if they are concerned about fraud, why would I only request a partial cashout of my funds? And why would my money be available to play with all along?

I do not trust PokerStars right now. A simple transfer from another player that is cooincidentally on the same day as my previously planned cashout (that they were notifed I was planning 2 weeks prior) and my money is being held hostage for me to loose and never be allowed to withdraw?

Why are they ignoring the fact that I told them I was planning a cashout and that I also have evidence that I inquired about (and am planning) cashouts from other sites?

I have never even transferred to a player at poker stars or had a player transfer to me before (or at any other site except rakebacks) and they are treating me like a redheaded stepchild.

I have saved copies of all the emails. I am hoping to hear back from a supervisor soon but this is very frustrating, I don't like to have to argue to get money that belongs to me and that was on loan to them for free for over a year for them to earn interest on.... and at the moment my understanding is that it is being held until I loose it all as they are denying cashouts????
Old 09-03-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Problem with PokerStars cashout request

They are telling you to transfer back and then you can cashout the balance. So what's the problem?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They are telling you to transfer back and then you can cashout the balance. So what's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that I had that money transferred on there so I could have money to play with and want to have some money on there to play aroud with.

What difference does it make which order my cashouts/transfers come in?

If I withdrew everything I had on there the day before and then had the transfer sent all is OK but because I withdraw only 3/5ths of what I had on there after the transfer somehow that is a problem? It doesn't make sense, especially since I told them a couple weeks ago I was planning a withdrawl. I'm not trying to pull a scam on anyone and they are changing up their stories/reasons for denying my cashout.

Simply because I feel more comfortable and secure in keeping at least some balance at all my accounts I wait for the transfer prior to cashing out and that is a problem? Keeping more money on their site for longer periods of time is a problem?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:07 AM

And if they are afraid of fraud, as in the person transferring to me used a stolen credit card to deposit the money and then transfer it to me, why are they telling me to transfer it back to him?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:15 AM

Am wondering... all you have to do is play some games first before you can cashout any transfers?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:27 AM

They have not specified. I left over 1/2 of what I had on there prior to the transfer request. They are being really stupid.

If I can decipher their logig: If I had cashed out 100% of my funds from their site AND THEN had someone transfer me money all would be OK.

But since I had someone transfer me funds and then requested a cashout of MOST of the funds I had on there it is somehow forboden and they are giving me a string of reasons why, changing them as they go.

I just sent them an email asking them this:

Suppose I should decide to transfer the money back to the person who transferred me the money and then submitted a request for ALL of my money, that is OK right?

And then the same player could transfer me the same amount of money to my account at a later time...

OR I could have that player transfer the same amount of money to me at another site.

I suggested the logic is silly and asked them to not ruin a good relationship over this.

They are getting hung up on the timeline of the transfer and cashout request and not seeing the big picture. It is ridiculous. Then they start in with the fraud excuse, etc when I start poking holes in the logic.

The whole issue for me is that I had been planning on cashing out money from several sites as I need some money. I am leaving plenty of money there to play with.

They can not see the forest for the trees.

And that is people in their security department.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:56 AM

so why not transfer it back, than cash out. than have the person retransfer you the funds. that would work no. you get your money and have funds to play. sounds reasonable
Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so why not transfer it back, than cash out. than have the person retransfer you the funds. that would work no. you get your money and have funds to play. sounds reasonable

[/ QUOTE ]
This does seem to be a rather simple solution, if possible for you. You say it's silly because it's simply a matter of changing the "order of operations", so to speak. This allows you to change it.

That being said, if you're a long-term customer who hasn't had any sketchy transfers in the past, I might have thought they'd be willing to be a little flexible. The overall policy is understandable though, and if they intend to stick by it no matter what, the transfer out and back in after your cashout does seem sensible.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 AM

I think this is a situation where it pays to just swallow your pride and jump through their little hoops. Yes its annoying and yes it doesn't make sense but at the end of the day what matters is getting your money. transfer back, withdraw, retransfer
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 AM

just sit down at some tables..say 25 or 50NL and then transfer