Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Week 11 AFC Rankings

1. Pats: 10-0

Uh, yeah...(just for you tdarko)

2. Colts: 8-2

Only because nobody else has played well enough consistently to overtake this spot. Colts need to get healthy real quick, or it will be a short playoffs.

3. Jaguars 7-3

Two convincing wins over a couple of the better teams in the AFC, although I'd be interested in seeing what happens if they ever play Tennessee with AH again.

4. Steelers 7-3

I was kidding about the consistency comment I made last week. This team is solid week in and week out. Oh wait, no they're not. This is a completely different team on the road.

5. Titans 6-4

VY just wins. Sometimes. He actually didn't play all that bad, but his defense is starting to fail him. It's amazing how much impact Haynesworth seems to have on this team.

6. Chargers 5-5

I watched "Next" last night which is about a guy who can see a few minutes into the future. Apparently Archie Manning can see a few years into the future and was petrified that his son would be playing for Norv Turner. I have a whole new respect for the Mannings. Just kidding.

7. Browns 6-4

Raise your hand if you're looking forward to the air show being put on by Cleveland and Houston this week. I know I am. Also, Josh Cribbs is a beast. I mean, I'm assuming Baltimore was trying to tackle him on that last return in regulation, but he was dragging 8 of them with him for 6-7 extra yards.

8. Texans 5-5

So what round will Andre Johnson go in next year's fantasy drafts? Second? First? The guy has been out for an eternity and his first game back puts up 6/120. This guy is good. Texans are now 3-0 with him in the lineup.

9. Broncos 5-5

85-10. That's what I keep telling myself, but they've played better the last two weeks, so here they are.

10. Bills 5-5

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get slightly misty-eyed at Everett's message to the fans. I wish him the best of luck.

11. Bengals 3-7

I still say this team isn't that bad, but after losing games that are tossups on the road (KC, Clev, Sea, Buffalo), you absolutely have to win the games that are tossups at home. So I'll drop them further than the team that lost by 46. Only seems fair.

12. Chiefs 4-6

This team is a playoff team soon. Maybe not next year, but certainly in 2009. The defense is solid. Croyle looked alright for his first start ever against a very good Indy pass defense. Bowe's TD catch was just disturbing. If they can start putting together a decent O-Line, they could be a force in the AFC for several years.

13. Ravens 4-6

Brian Billick is a retard. That's all.

14. Jets 2-8

I'm getting giddy just thinking of Jets and Pats. Kellen Clemens does seem to be an upgrade, though I haven't seen him play yet.

15. Dolphins 0-10

Morons shouldn't have injured McNabb. They had it locked up.

16. Raiders 2-8

At least they're not the worst team in a 20 mile radius.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Week 11 AFC Rankings

[ QUOTE ]

Only because nobody else has played well enough consistently to overtake this spot. Colts need to get healthy real quick, or it will be a short playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do, however, think that Dallas and GB have surpassed Indy in the overall NFL rankings.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I do, however, think that Dallas and GB have surpassed Indy in the overall NFL rankings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing right now, I would take both of them over Indy on a neutral field. But once Indy gets healthy, it's a different story.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I was hoping for more than one response, so I'll bump this
Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 PM

The rankings look pretty good. I might flip the Jags and the Steelers but it's pretty close. I really want to say the Bengals should be higher but I am having trouble justifying that position.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 PM

lol i am a chiefs fan and I think you overestimate them....they have a ton of holes to fill in the next couple of years....the defense is solid but the offense is horrendous..dwayne is the lone bright spot on that...
Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GB is not better than Indy.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol i am a chiefs fan and I think you overestimate them....they have a ton of holes to fill in the next couple of years....the defense is solid but the offense is horrendous..dwayne is the lone bright spot on that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like you read "this is a playoff team" and then stopped reading completely.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Aren't the Chiefs going to have to replace both corners and Donnie Edwards very soon? And, IIRC, their best players on a already bad O-line are old and getting ready to retire. Also, while not technically "old" yet, LJ is getting on in years and has been driven into the ground. It seems to me they are most likely to continue to decline the next few years before picking things up. They do have Allen/Hali/Johnson/Bowe but they have, or soon will have, holes everywhere else. And there's a good chance Allen will leave after this year (for some reason I seem to remember him hating management and demanding a trade a little while ago.)
Old 11-23-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
12. Chiefs 4-6

This team is a playoff team soon. Maybe not next year, but certainly in 2009. The defense is solid. Croyle looked alright for his first start ever against a very good Indy pass defense. Bowe's TD catch was just disturbing. If they can start putting together a decent O-Line, they could be a force in the AFC for several years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "disturbing" you mean a horrible call, then I agree. The ball was in his hands when he got his feet down, but he had trapped it between his legs by the time he hit the ground. In no way shape or form was that a legit catch.