Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-19-2007, 10:32 PM

Default 10/20 deep stacked live

Hi all...have been lurking a little here but this is my first post! Let's get into the hand...I played this hand at commerce couple weeks ago and it has been bothering me for weeks. Can you guys suggest a better (or correct) way to play this?

I have 6k on the button and the cutoff covers. He has 20K on the table and seems pretty bad (he might be good...i dont play at commerce too often). He isntant called a pot-size river raise shove (about $4000) with AA on a 56JQK flush board. My image is TAG. I did show a stone cold bluff on the turn in a big pot. Onto the hand:

I was dealt AhJh on the button. action folds to cutoff, he limped, and i raise to $100 and cutoff calls. Flop: Jx3c5c
He checks and I bet $200. Cutoff smiled and said "How does it feel to get CR by a donk" and proceed to raise to $600. I tanked and called and I planned to raise all in on a blank turn (bad?). Of course, Turn brings 6c. He instantly bet $1500. I folded...was it too weak? He showed me his hand after I mucked...I will give results later if there is any discussion.

Thank u and nice to meet u all!!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 10/20 deep stacked live

given stack sizes and the way he sounds, I think if you call turn he'll probably shove river. So either fold turn or call turn and river (barring some gross river or something). I'd say fold turn unless you know more about him.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 PM

seems fine to me without better reads. 3 betting the flop puts you in a world of hurt if he pushes.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM

man if he really said that it's hilarious.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all...have been lurking a little here but this is my first post! Let's get into the hand...I played this hand at commerce couple weeks ago and it has been bothering me for weeks. Can you guys suggest a better (or correct) way to play this?

I have 6k on the button and the cutoff covers. He has 20K on the table and seems pretty bad (he might be good...i dont play at commerce too often). He isntant called a pot-size river raise shove (about $4000) with AA on a 56JQK flush board. My image is TAG. I did show a stone cold bluff on the turn in a big pot. Onto the hand:

I was dealt AhJh on the button. action folds to cutoff, he limped, and i raise to $100 and cutoff calls. Flop: Jx3c5c
He checks and I bet $200. Cutoff smiled and said "How does it feel to get CR by a donk" and proceed to raise to $600. I tanked and called and I planned to raise all in on a blank turn (bad?). Of course, Turn brings 6c. He instantly bet $1500. I folded...was it too weak? He showed me his hand after I mucked...I will give results later if there is any discussion.

Thank u and nice to meet u all!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

flop bet was wrong. either bet small to set up the re-raise or bet big to set up the fold. as played min re-raise. i like the small bet re-raise line better youre opponent sees set. there are few instances where you want to set up your opponet to do something that makes your response a call. also buy in for less or switch tables and go south if youre not ready to play a deep stack against the lineup youre currently against.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM

go all in and give him the finger, then abuse him when he turns up SF
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Fold is fine here.
I'm guessing he showed you QQ+
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold is fine here.
I'm guessing he showed you a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold is fine here.
I'm guessing he showed you a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cutoff smiled and said "How does it feel to get CR by a donk" and proceed to raise to $600.

[/ QUOTE ]

3bet the flop light/call a push. No one ever says this when they have a big hand.