Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 AM

Default My account closed, funds seized on PS

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12975062

Can't believe any of this has happened, but here goes:

November of 2006, I was staked a good sum of money by a guy named naciremA. Thanks to the help of adam, I then found out that naciremA was a multi-accounter named streetz. He had used his roommates identity to open up a Pokerstars account. I uncovered all of this information on my own, presented it to Pokerstars, they dealt with it. I asked them if it would hurt me that I had received funds from streetz when I did not know it was him. They assured me, it wouldn't.

Fast forward to this morning.

Last night I woke up late and was busy packing some things up as I am moving soon. I set time to play the $11 6-Max MTT on Pokerstars. I was up all-night, didn't play anything after that.
This morning I woke up and transferred $8 to rmthawk64 that I owed him. I logged out of Pokerstars. When I tried logging back in, I got this message:

IMPORTANT: IF someone could self-exclude themselves for 24-hours and try logging in and providing proof that this error does not happen after a self-exclusion, this could at least clear me of trying to self-exclude myself and make up a story (although that wouldn't prove if the story was made up).

I e-mailed Stars asking why my account was closed and got this e-mail:

I then was contacted by Stephen, who claimed to be the Game Security Manager. We talked and he told me that they had just pieced together that I had received stolen funds more than a year ago. I explained to him that this had happened and I myself had alerted PokerStars what had happened. They said they have no record of these e-mails. NOTE: I may have posted these e-mails on Neverbeg, and will look into it and see if I can provide them myself. I remember when I caught HiroReborn, they lied to him and said they hadn't told me about his account when they did. They could be BSing here as well.

They said that they had to close my account and confiscate my funds. I told them that all of the money in my account was actually not mine and I was being backed to run a series of events for an extended period of time. I provided Stephen with some links of previous stakes which made proof of some rather large transfers on Pokerstars. He said this was enough information for him to not need to delve into my transfer history and people who I have transferred to in the past. But Stephen was firm on saying my account needed to be closed because of direct contact with the perpetrator. I explained to him that I could not AFFORD to have this money confiscated and he said that he was sorry but it was necessary.

Then, I sent an e-mail to Pokerstars again and got a response. This e-mail includes my original message and their response:

I don't really know what to do. I had Loonbat lock my FTOPS BAP so that no one tries transferring me on Stars.

I no doubt believe that a lot of people might not believe this story, and I completely understand. Any ideas you can come up with of ways for me to prove my innocence, I am all ears. You can check my FTP/PS accounts, I haven't played anything above my head. I am willing to request my last months worth of hands to prove I didn't donk off money at cash tables, etc etc. Whatever is necessary.

This whole ordeal makes me feel sick. I cannot afford 2.9k at this point in my life. I am going through a rough patch due to my student loan being revoked. In fact, Vedder loaned me some cash just so I could make it through the month, and now I owe this on top of my debt to him. I just can't believe how bad I have been getting it for the past month or so.

Mark
Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: My account closed, funds seized on PS

First
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 AM

From the sounds of it, you really need to find those emails you posted on Neverbeg. These emails will be dated and timed etc and should go a long way to proving, if it is true, what you say.

Also did you not keep any of the correspondance yourself for future reference?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM

PokerstarsJeff? HostJacob?

I expect this thread to exemplify the reason why Stars is generally considered far and away superior to other sites in this regard.

OP, If you can post original emails + responses, it will surely help your cause.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 AM

You were backed through neverbeg.. LOL

So all the scumbags over there lost their money?? Sorry I think it sucks you got locked out. But neverbeg is a joke, those people are such [censored]!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

neverbeg is a joke, those people are such [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate pls.. I have never heard of this group (am I under a rock?)
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

neverbeg is a joke, those people are such [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate pls.. I have never heard of this group (am I under a rock?)

[/ QUOTE ]

They are an online backing site. Meaning their members will stake other members. Generally it is only for small amounts and the like. The problem is they are INCREDIBLY rude to newcomers. I joined their site a year back, I wanted to find out how it worked. So like anyone would I posted a question. I was immediately flamed. They called me names that I had not heard since grade school.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:10 AM

did you mean to paste emails in your OP but forget, cuz it looks like stuff that you meant to include is missing
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 AM

Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.
- The emails posted are a total fabrication
- He has not spoken with Stephen in Game Security about this issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me preface this by saying that we usually do not discuss individual's accounts with other people. However, when someone is publicly saying things that are untrue and could result in people getting the wrong impression about our site, we will defend ourselves by stating facts. I will not discuss exactly what occurred with his account, but I will clarify a few points.

- His account is closed.
- This had nothing to do with transfers to/from another player, or any other fraud issue.
- The emails posted are a total fabrication
- He has not spoken with Stephen in Game Security about this issue.

This player's account is currently closed, but other than that, everything that he has posted is absolute and total fabrication.

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually belived op lol, nice try