Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Weird Hand on All Streets

how did my thoughts get posted through your keyboard?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:24 PM

AFTER TURN CHECK YOU SHOULD WIN ENOUGH TO PUT IN 4-500 AT THE RIVER
maybe
Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AFTER TURN CHECK YOU SHOULD WIN ENOUGH TO PUT IN 4-500 AT THE RIVER
maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

BANANABANANABANANABANANABANANA
Old 11-17-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does the fact that after he reraises pre that the other 2 guy will defiently call after u call and most likely putting u in a really bad spot on most flops when the Reraiser cbets the flop becuase u still have those 2 other people to act behind should it make u more inclined to fold pre?

[/ QUOTE ]

more inclined to fold yes, but i still call planning on almost never winning a pot where i don't flop a set.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 PM

I wouldnt fold pre-flop. You have a positional advantage over the reraiser and other players will inevitably be in the hand to keep him honest.

Flop looks good. You might make an argument for just calling, but a minraise is good too.

Turn is good. River is a check/fold unless he bets a very small amount.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah flop was probably slightly bad. I just didn't want to give up any free cards and I thought there's no way to do that without committing myself vs the preflop reraiser but in hindsight that's a mistake and I should play for pot control.

Anyway, on the river he checked back and I beat his TJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just about to post that he can have jt a bunch and thats a great hand to vbet against here because a lot of people will have trouble folding top pair (!)... still not sure what id do, pretty player dependent imo. check fold to a lot of people, but i think half potting against some is alright too.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 PM

on the flop his range includes sets, two pair, and straight draws. any set bets turn, so check behind eliminates sets, unless he has 88 and wants a showdown fearing you have 99 - since from villain's perspective this is a reasonable holding for you.

you are almost always ahead on river and villain likely checks behind. so, bet the biggest amount 89, jt, t7, or 76 makes crying call with. 500 seems like it will get a call, but the exact amount depends on feel, of course.

i personally don't like the flop min raise here since you are unlikely to have the best hand and sb isn't deep enough that you can fold him out often enough to be profitable. i think you got lucky that button called, thereby causing sb to freak out like you and fold.

this hand seems surprisingly straightforward, so i'm not sure if this is a level.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop his range includes sets, two pair, and straight draws. any set bets turn, so check behind eliminates sets, unless he has 88 and wants a showdown fearing you have 99 - since from villain's perspective this is a reasonable holding for you.

you are almost always ahead on river and villain likely checks behind. so, bet the biggest amount 89, jt, t7, or 76 makes crying call with. 500 seems like it will get a call, but the exact amount depends on feel, of course.

i personally don't like the flop min raise here since you are unlikely to have the best hand and sb isn't deep enough that you can fold him out often enough to be profitable. i think you got lucky that button called, thereby causing sb to freak out like you and fold.

this hand seems surprisingly straightforward, so i'm not sure if this is a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you leveling me here? you have to be. a check back rules out him being full? unless he's worried with 2nd nut boat? and i should bet an amount that 89, TJ, and 7J and 67 call when those last two beat me? and you really think sb freaked out and folded the winner as opposed to his having had AK or some other worse hand? and you bumped this thread for that crap? please never post strategy again.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 AM

A player with 7%pfr 3 bet out of the small blind. He has a PP.

Like others have said, at the river every PP above 77 beats you. I vote for him having 9s full.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 AM

I think people are grossly over-estimating how often we beat the donkish SB here with his line after his flop bet into 3 other players. I call the flop bet with intentions of not putting much more money into the pot unless it seems reasonable.