Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: Weird Hand on All Streets

i think you are getting slowplayed here 110% of the time. Whenever they cold-call pre, their range is hugely weighted toward pocket pairs. Then when they call a reraise, they almost have to have a pocket pair. You have an overpair to the board but its the worst one, i dont think hes calling you with 55 here. If someone could name 5 hands he would play like this on the flop and turn and not have 9's or esp 10's full, i would be shocked. the board pairing the turn as the bottom card is just the icing on the cake.

If you aren't getting slowplayed, he will check behind 120% of the time. Thats like a 230% reason to check/fold here imo.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM

"He's looking to get it in against preflop reraiser. Why would he want to define his hand as strong??"

Betting this hand past the flop even if BTN folded would be thin.

If the BTN folded what do you think SB would call your min raise with?

When during this hand does it look like a good time to get it in vs the preflop reraiser?

You had the possibility of having the best hand on the flop before BTN over called you but now your almost completely dead.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Default RESULTS

Yeah flop was probably slightly bad. I just didn't want to give up any free cards and I thought there's no way to do that without committing myself vs the preflop reraiser but in hindsight that's a mistake and I should play for pot control.

Anyway, on the river he checked back and I beat his TJs.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

i would have vb the river small too. he just called your min raise on the flop and declined to bet on the turn.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 PM

folding preflop is retarded no matter what range you put him on. if you think he's very strong call, if not stack off. i lean toward call cuz i think he's aa/kk a lot here and weird stuff like jts or 66 most of the rest of the time.

flop: hate your raise, i fold to the lead out and prefer call > raise by a lot.

turn: c/f

river: c/f. at this point i put villain pretty solidly on jt/t7/76, if he decides to bluff with top pair good for him. also, 76 is combinatorially more likely that the others.

edit: missed that turn paired the board, this increases the chance that he's played a set/quads like this up to the river. all the more reason to c/f.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM

Folding preflop seems like a big mistake to me. SB nearly minraises and you can expect everyone else to usually fall in line once you call, so you're getting too good of a price to muck. SB's line seems strange to me. It looks like a line he'd take if he wanted you to re-pop it, so i'm against re-raising here. So I agree with the preflop call.

On the flop I think raising is the only viable play with the amount the SB bet and two players left to act behind you. If you call w/ the best hand you're laying a tremendous price for the players behind you, so I like a raise, but I'd raise slightly more, $500-$525. I think there's very few hands you're ahead of on the river, and in general I like a check fold, but I'm torn about checking the turn. I could be completely wrong here, but isn't 67s, 89s, and JT a fair enough part of a 16/11's range to consider a turn bet? I might be completely off base here, but I think a turn bet isn't terrible and if I knew more accurately how a 16/11 played I may or may not advocate betting the turn, but against a lot of players I follow through hoping to get value/price out/get a little FE with a turn bet.

As played I think it's a coin flip between b/f something like $500 or c/f, b/c i think 88-QQ is a big part of his range here. I know that sort of contradicts what I said above regarding betting the turn, which, I think is the hardest decision in the hand. I think if you bet $500 on the river you might occasionally get looked up by JT, T9, and 89, and it's less likely for him to turn one of those hands into a PSB river bluff.

-Tex
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The plan was to fold to a cold push by either of the 16/11s and to get it in vs the preflop reraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused by this. If the preflop raiser is so tight why are you looking to get it all in against him in this spot?

As played I guess TJ and a full house are his only possible hands aren't they. Imo betting for value would have been stupid.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One very good poster claims fold cuz he always has KK/AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is pretty funny...

depending on player, i have 4bet here plenty...

and i think u played it perfect, i c/f now...
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call pre, I flat the flop and try to check it down maybe vbetting the riv if board comes clean. .

[/ QUOTE ]

agree on all points, and vs some villains id fold flop but thats rare

as played c/f turn and river

Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM

does the fact that after he reraises pre that the other 2 guy will defiently call after u call and most likely putting u in a really bad spot on most flops when the Reraiser cbets the flop becuase u still have those 2 other people to act behind should it make u more inclined to fold pre?