Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

he cant have that much of an edge i mean hes not even the best player with the consecutive letters antoni in his name
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM

I think Doyle has a great read on Jamie and he read him as very strong, which he was. I think Doyle should've showed him his hand, though to get a more detailed reaction.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

LOL at all the morons saying Antonio is a bad player. He would bust all ur rolls. Idiotic donks hating for no reason. Improve ur game instead of trying to criticize someone who is heads and shoulders above u. Maybe u guys shove the A-A at the 10NL games you play, but that why you are donks.

To OP, I think he seriously means what he says. If it wasn't for poker, lord knows who he would be.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To OP, I think he seriously means what he says. If it wasn't for poker, lord knows who he would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea it was cute the first few times he said it on tv...but hes literally said the exact same line 20 times and its just getting really annoying
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 PM

"God bless America"
"...riding camels in the desert..."
"thank god for poker"
"poker is beautiful"
"thank god my dad moved here from durka durka"
"pleasure to be here with you guys"

Antonio starts out every session of PAD/HSP with that junk. Prop bet to see if he can be more annoything than Phil Laak by the end of HSP4?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM

To me he's one of the few poker "personalities" (because that's all they are for us, in the end) I really respect, both as a "person" and pokerplayer. I love that he's on this show.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:52 PM

I conducted a phone interview with him in early 2006 and he was really cool, really accomodating. Like many, I went in with the impression that he might be a tool, but he most definitely wasn't.

When I called him to schedule the interview (he had no idea who I was - the interview was arranged through his publicist, and it's not like I conducted it for some big media outlet), he was in the middle of doing something with some friends. I was having an odd phone issue where I could hear him, but he couldn't hear me. Thus, he ended up hanging up on me, because it basically looked like a prank call ("Hello? Hello? Hello?"). Mild panic set in, as I was afraid that when I called back, he'd see the caller ID and be pissed.

But, I did call back from the same number (different phone), apologized for the confusion, and he was extremely cool about it. We scheduled the interview for when he would be driving from L.A. to Vegas.

In the interview, I told him I'd keep it short, but he said I could ask whatever I wanted and not to worry about taking up his time. At one point, I even said I only had a couple more quick questions and he told me to just ask away, regardless of how much longer it would take. He was also pretty candid with his answers and treated me with respect, something I really appreciated, as I was pretty much a nobody.

So, all in all, he was a very good guy.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

What kind of interview was it, do you have it online?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM

Antonio isnt as bad as Laak in terms of annoyance, but he really does need to shut up about all the camel derka stuff. Limping with aces is also very gay imho.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 PM

I find both Antonio and Phil Laak to be very funny and entertaining.

Regarding Doyle folding the flush, I also couldnt believe that he folded only because i thought the only hand he should be afraid of is the Q high flush and even then there werent many Qxs hands that you could reasonably put Jamie on there. J high flush woulda been out of the question to me because of how different Jamie usually plays pairs+flush draws on the flop