Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Default UBT Blackjack on CBS.

It's almost over but Hellmuth's announcing and next week (Sat. Nov.10 at 1pm eastern--last episode of the season?) he plays against F.Deeb and Celine Dion's hubby (Renee Ang.). Today's episode had Annie Duke and R.Williamson. There were many pocket aces,pair vs pair showdowns and suckouts.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: UBT Blackjack on CBS.

Hey Kev, why'd you change it to UBT Blackjack (I know it's the official title)? The only reason I posted this was to let others know that they're actually playing Texas Hold'em now and not BJ. I don't know how long they've been doing it but I'm sure I'm not the only one that just stumbled across it. I assume they're playing Texas Hold'em and not BJ next week too.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:12 PM

From the UBT website for this coming Saturday's show:

[ QUOTE ]
Season 2 ends with a bang as Annie Duke, Hollywood Dave, Freddie Deeb, Phil Hellmuth, Kenny Einiger, Robert Williamson III, and René Angélil gather for a final action-packed episode of the Ultimate Blackjack Tour. Poker fiends and blackjack masters face off across the table one last time, eyeing each other warily, each vying for the last chance to win the coveted UBT Gold Medallion and title of UBT Champion. Who will emerge victorious? Tune in to get your last fix of the highly-addictive Ultimate Blackjack Tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they're playing poker for a blackjack title? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Maybe they changed the format because of poor ratings? Their website says:...which matches poker and blackjack stars in three blackjack tournaments to qualify for a final table of six players competing in no-limit hold 'em. The top two from each of the three blackjack tables advance.

Anyway, I even found the many all-in's entertaining because of the great card matchups. Pocket Aces vs. pocket Kings etc. I'm pretty sure next week's promo had Hellmuth, Rene Angeliel, Deeb etc.,playing Texas Hold'em, so I'll certainly be watching (they have the promo online at their site but my 166 mhz cpu can't play it). They also said that the Tournament of Champions is for 1 million bucks. Anybody know when and what channel will air it?

Even after reading their website info and seeing that the TOC will be Nov.30th-Dec. 2nd, it doesn't say if it's BJ or Hold'em. I assume the TOC is BJ only? Truly confusing website.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 PM

The only thing worse than Womens basketball is the UBT...

Infomercials would be a better use of the timespace...
Old 11-05-2007, 12:18 AM

Yeah, the UBT might be the worst thing I've seen on television this year. Cavemen is probably tied with it for worst viewing experience.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Yea I came across it one morning watched five minutes of everyone acting like douches without ever seeing any action ... then realized it was Saturday and turned the TV back to college football where it belonged.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM

Yep. The show sucks. It's actually an hour-long infomercial for the UBT online site, as opposed to an honest attempt at a real tournament with a real broadcast. Those with any interest in blackjack should watch 'World Series of Blackjack' on GSN.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 AM

The Bj may suck but the Texas Hold'em on Saturday was fun to watch and better than many of the earlier PAD snoozefests. My post wasn't about the BJ, but if you want to trash the BJ over and over again, so be it.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing worse than Womens basketball is the UBT...

Infomercials would be a better use of the timespace...

[/ QUOTE ]
please, UBT and women's basketball don't belong in the same sentence. Show some respect for UBT please..