Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Dissolving your Fantasy Team when it\'s Bad

This is mostly related to Fantasy Football (only because that is all I play at the moment) but this can refer to any fantasy league.

What are peoples' thoughts on selling/dumping your team for money and picks the following year.

For instance, I have a team that is very bad, Big Ben, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Vernon Davis, etc etc etc.

I am currently 3-5 and in last place in the whole league. I paid for multiple transactions (4 bucks each) in this league. I am now trying to recoup my transaction fees as well as some of my original investment by selling players and accumulating picks for next season.

I just made a deal:
Steve Smith + Marshawn Lynch
for
22 bucks + 4th round pick + D. Rhodes + J. Norwood

This is just one deal, I've been offered 20 bucks for Chad Johnson and imagine I'll get offers for Big Ben and Bush, I will dump all of these players. The commish is making offers and he is already not liking the look of this..

My question is this, what do you guys think of this as far as the integrity of league? Is this legit? Is this unfair? Everyone has equal opportunity to buy my players, it comes down to who wants these bums the most?

Also, think about these factors:
-I will have more picks early on next season (dump my later round picks)
-The teams I play here on out will romp me (i may even have an incomplete roster which nets to 0)

What are the other pros/cons? I like it because it makes it very NFL like in the sense that I can manage my team however I want and people can trade their picks for next season if they choose.

Thoughts on whether it is good or bad for fantasy?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Dissolving your Fantasy Team when it\'s Bad

Def is very bush league, I agree with your commish. If you did this I would lock your team and kick you out of the league.

EDIT: Of course I would warn you first

He has already sent out a commish note:

#1) If you trade a 5th round pick , you will lose any pick
in the 5th round and Kyle will select 2 in that round. You
will select in a make up round once the draft is over.

#2) If you receive a draft pick ( in this case Kyle ) and
the team you trade with is not in the league next year that
is your loss, we will not hold a new owner resposible for
giving up a pick that they did not deal away.

#3) If money is part of the transaction then it will be
settled between the 2 parties.

I like his rules personally.

any fantasy league allowing this kind of thing would almost certainly be terrible
Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 PM

I agree I feel like an angle shooter doing this but, answer me this, at 4 dollars per transaction, just to replace my BYE players I will be investing more into a product that simply cannot win, no matter what I do. (I've made 15 transactions and invested into the pot overall).

However, I no longer feel like invested into something that I know doesn't stand a chance. So if I were to leave my team for dead, not replace BYEs, and all that, wouldn't I still be giving people a huge edge against me?

The poor part about it is people willing to spend money are getting players. I can't defend this as I feel shady about doing it, that's why I'm looking for thoughts on the matter for next season. As of right now I've recouped 22 bucks and a pick next season.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree I feel like an angle shooter doing this but, answer me this, at 4 dollars per transaction, just to replace my BYE players I will be investing more into a product that simply cannot win, no matter what I do. (I've made 15 transactions and invested into the pot overall).

However, I no longer feel like invested into something that I know doesn't stand a chance. So if I were to leave my team for dead, not replace BYEs, and all that, wouldn't I still be giving people a huge edge against me?

The poor part about it is people willing to spend money are getting players. I can't defend this as I feel shady about doing it, that's why I'm looking for thoughts on the matter for next season. As of right now I've recouped 22 bucks and a pick next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

What stupid league chargers 4 bucks per transaction that is so gay, bitch at your commish plsssssssss.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What stupid league chargers 4 bucks per transaction that is so gay, bitch at your commish plsssssssss.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did this to inflate the prize pool. We wanted more money in the pot. In fact it's added well over a hundred bucks to the winner, we had contests at the draft (beer pong, whiffle ball, flip cup, etc) division vs division for free transactions (I earned 7). I burnt through those 7 and still invested about 32 more bucks up until this point trying to steer this team the right way, didn't work.

Luckily my other two teams are riding Mr. Brady to victory.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We did this to inflate the prize pool. We wanted more money in the pot. In fact it's added well over a hundred bucks to the winner, we had contests at the draft (beer pong, whiffle ball, flip cup, etc) division vs division for free transactions (I earned 7). I burnt through those 7 and still invested about 32 more bucks up until this point trying to steer this team the right way, didn't work.

Luckily my other two teams are riding Mr. Brady to victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just up the buy in or make a last place team/2nd to last place team pay more money to winner so no one loses interest at the end of the season. This would up the prize pool too and is much better imo.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:46 PM

This is beyond shady.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 PM

I dunno, this seems perfectly fair to me, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't join a league that is set up like this to begin with.