10 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

i'm offered

Steve Nash + Ronnie Brewer

for

Al Jefferson + Richard Jefferson

is it a fair deal (I have no idea about fantasy basketball)? fyi I'm 6th out of 8th in this roto league, being offered by the 8th place team.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:29 AM

5 player, 14 team keeper. Standard 9 categories and roster.

I am probably throwing this season with Gilbert Arenas out. But my keepers so far are:

Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Carlos Boozer
Emeka Okafor

Last one is eithe Andrew Bogut, Ben Gordon, Kyle Korver.

I've been offered
Shawn Marion, Al Harrington, Marvin Williams for Carlos Boozer, Tracy McGrady, Raymond Felton

Any thoughts? Remember I'm looking to build for next season and not this one. I don't have the big name young guys, so I hope to win within a couple of seasons.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 PM

g-bebe >

It's basically Nash vs JeffersonČ, considering this is a 8-team league and you can always find a Brewer in the waivers...

westside >

Marion is the only really reliable one, but doesn't dive you any assists.

Al Harrington is only the 3rd scoring option in GSW, behind Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis, and probably 4th if you include Monta Ellis.

Marvin Williams (which I own in a Hoops league) is too bumpy. Ultimately, I'd avoid any Hawk except JJ. Of course I just said I own him, but it's as 12th man in a 16-team league, just waiting to see if he'll improve during the season.

On your side : Boozer seems to be stuck in the 20-10 zone for as long as he'll play with Deron Williams. T-Mac, as long as he's healthy, is at least as good as Marion. Felton (own him twice) is in a breakout year and, should he improve his shoot selection, will be a 2nd guard lock for years to come.Clearly on your disadvantage. Only thing I could think about is Marion for T-Mac, but T-Mac is an all-around guy, and if you play with categories...
Old 11-30-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
h2h 16 team (SUPER DEEP) 9 cats. 6 team playoffs.

As is...i really do need to fill up my bench with stronger players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you drop a 19-8 center with .750 FT% in a breakout year for basically Jamal Crawford ? Even in a 16-team league you can find a Marvin Williams in the waivers. And having a Knick right now is of course a bad idea, sorry for Lee because he's worth more than the minutes he's given.

Of course Aldridge probably won't be any better this season, but he's a steal if you drafted him below #100, even #70 in a 16-team league. He IS a strong player.

Don't trade him for anything but 18-9 lock material.

Kaman is also getting rebounds like his life depends on it right now, you can always trade him but keep an eye on Brand's recovery.