Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Crazy Live 8/16 hand

Live 8/16, very loose agressive 5-7 players preflop for 2-3 bets on average.

Hero is in BB with black 8's

Normally solid when playing well but very tilty (and he is definatly on tilt) raises UTG 3 callers, SB calls, I call.
(12 SB)

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, hero bets, UTG Raises, 1 cold call, two fold hero 3-bets, UTG caps, late position calls (I have no read on late position player as he just joined table and ive never seen him before). (12 BB)

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

This was a little bit of a scare card for me but I still bet out my set, UTG raises, late position 3 bets, I call, UTG calls. (19 BB) The late position raise feels a lot like TJ to me but like I said, I have no read on this player.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, utg thinks for a while a calls, late position raises, I 3-bet, utg mucks, late position caps, I call.

Thoughts on all streets are appreciated. i think everything here was pretty standard but wanted to see if anyone would play differently.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Crazy Live 8/16 hand

CR the flop. Otherwise, looks good.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:46 PM

I think it looks pretty solid. UTG's play shouldn't influence yours (which it didn't seem to) if he's on hardcore tilt and I would be showing it down without a boat just to see what LP plays and how he handles it. There's always a chance of idiocy and maybe two pair A's and 7's.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why checkraise the flop? On a drawy board isn't it better to lead out and hope UTG raises thus facing weak draws with 2bets?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why checkraise the flop? On a drawy board isn't it better to lead out and hope UTG raises thus facing weak draws with 2bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was torn about this at first but if we bet and villian raises then everybody is still getting 15:2 and will probably call with a gutshot so I like going for the checkraise.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM

if there gonna call 2 cold anyway, isnt betting out better than C/R? i mean your gonna get the same pot size either way given anyone with any kind of draw is coming along anyway, why give the remote( ill admit very remote) chance it will get checked around.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM

also, the checkraise takes way the chance to 3 bet and build up huge pot with some high equity
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, the checkraise takes way the chance to 3 bet and build up huge pot with some high equity

[/ QUOTE ]

It also gives you a chance to cap when the guy on tilt 3bets, and build up the pot even more that way. I think C/Ring is right here unless you have some weak tight players in the hand (and it doesn't sound like you do)
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It also gives you a chance to cap when the guy on tilt 3bets, and build up the pot even more that way. I think C/Ring is right here unless you have some weak tight players in the hand (and it doesn't sound like you do)

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy on tilt could very well cap our 3bet, again facing the field with 2 bets and giving everyone an opportunity to fold again (not that they'll take this opportunity but at least we've offered them one).

GgettingnoworkdonetodayatallG
Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 PM

At first I thought that betting out on the flop would be the simple way to go but you know that UTG is going to bet so a C/R does sound good. And like JJH said it gives you the chance to cap it cause he may R/R you. almost sort of moot though cause UTG capped anyways.

PS. I usually bet out when I hit a set.