Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: The PokerStars world passport (challange)

It's pretty decent if you're a tournament player I guess but it's not enough to get me to just switch to tourneys for a shot at this.

Essentially, the top 100 play in a tourney with a $150k prize-pool. so they each receive a $1500 value tourney-entry against a very tough field. Maybe worth slightly more than that if a handful of the entrants are unavailable to show up on Jan 13 or simply forget.

But obviously the top 100 don't even have great odds of cashing.
Still a $1500 value tourney entry is nothing to sneeze at and obviously the top prize is insanely ballin'.

I don't know...maybe I'll play a few MTT's just to see if I have a shot of sneaking into the top 1000 for the 501-1000th event.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:10 AM

Yeah I posted this in the other thread. The 101-200 freeroll is worth like $250, 250-500 like $85ish and 501-1k worth $50ish. Not worth changing your play at all for anything but top 100.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 AM

Just to be fair, I think Monte Carlo package is worth more like $18k-ish so the numbers you gave might be a couple bucks low...but mostly pretty close.
101-200 for example should be worth more like $280.

Not enough of a differnece to make any change in one's decision of whether to try for this though.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id rather they roll this 250k into more attainable rewards for the many.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, because when I was coming up with ideas of rewarding high volume players through promotions, the response I got from Scotty was something along the lines of "not wanting a promotion to reward the few" (even though the "few" in this instance are the ones paying the most rake to PokerStars.

So now they run a promotion targeting ONLY tournament players which rewards ONLY a few, with the main big prize only going to one player.

I love the fact that they are doing some different things promotion-wise, but I don't like the fact that a ton of money is being shelled out in this way (targeting a specific poker demographic).

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt the whole vip program reward tourney and stt players the most? When we talked about the rakeback at stars I remember scotty talking about a good supernova rb for sng players.