Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Default 25nl 3betting light

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($18.40)
BB ($19.20)
UTG ($12.80)
MP ($7.20)
CO ($33.60)
Hero ($25.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $3.

Flop: ($8.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $29.6</font>, Hero calls $14.40 (All-In).

No HUD data available but my table reads were that he was aggressive, and probably playing around 20-25/15-20 over 50ish hands.

Flop play I'm basically willing to get it in with decent equity if he does have AA/KK/AK but I think his range is much wider, so I decide to bet enough to get QQ/JJ/TT/AQ etc to fold, as well as enough to give myself correct odds to call a shove soas not to surrender the equity I have in the pot when I can't force a fold.

The only other way I can envision playing this flop is to c-bet smaller intending to fold to a raise, but if this ellicits him to come along with QQ-JJ then I might as well be checking for the freecard. If I am planning on shoving any turn if he smoothcalls, then I risk getting it in with low equity vs. a slowplayed monster. It also probably makes him more likely to slowplay since shoving over my cbet with AA/AK/KK would seem like an overbet if I only cbet 4$