NC: OSU v. WVU
Orange: Miami v. Georgia
Fiesta: Oklahoma v. Kansas
Rose: USC v. Illinois
Sugar: LSU v. Hawaii

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait....Miami?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that typo. I was going too fast and I put in the city it was taking place instead of the actual team. Should say Va Tech.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: bcs championship game??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, here's the BCS predictions from collegebcs.com

[/ QUOTE ]
I think 3 loss Illinois who lost to Missou, Iowa and Michigan getting an at large over a two loss ASU who lost to Oregon and USC would be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be wrong. But I also believe that the Rose Bowl wants to preserve the Big Ten/Pac 10 matchup. Illinois is second in the conference, so they would get the bid.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think 3 loss Illinois who lost to Missou, Iowa and Michigan getting an at large over a two loss ASU who lost to Oregon and USC would be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be wrong. But I also believe that the Rose Bowl wants to preserve the Big Ten/Pac 10 matchup. Illinois is second in the conference, so they would get the bid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illinois is NOT 2nd in the conference. Michigan is. However, Michigan isn't BCS bowl eligible, and Illinois is.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont get all the focus on one single game. Its just a conference game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is just a conference game against one of the best teams in the conference b/c it is a game vs the other division's winner (got it?)--so no it isn't really just a conference game, why would you even say that? sigh.

[ QUOTE ]
What is inherently unfair about Big 12 teams playing a tougher schedule than Big Ten teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't have to be explained right? It will be explained soon.

[ QUOTE ]
If tOSU played Michigan a week later and on the same weekend as the conference championship games, would that make it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yes or Ill since they are numero dos in the Big easy. That is the point, they aren't playing 1 of the 2 other toughest teams in the conference yet again...how is this being argued is beyond me--I am either being trolled or leveled.

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason the Big12 teams have a chance to vault or sink is because they have scheduled tougher opponents, albeit they scheduled tougher opponents against their will or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tougher schedule has nothing to do with it. If team X in the Mountain West wants to schedule LSU, USC, OU, tOSU, and VT as non-conference games to beef up their schedule that is great but a different animal. Conference championship games are unneeded games, drop Baylor's ass into the Sun Belt and lets do away w/ the Conf Champ game--pretty simple.

Edit: Just realized Ill isn't #2 in the Big 10. Weird.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I think you guys are emphasizing too much how in love the Rose Bowl is with the B10. Not counting the years the Rose Bowl was the NC game, they took B12 teams in 2003 and 2005, even when there was an eligible Pac 10 team in 2005 (Cal).
Old 11-26-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Illinois is NOT 2nd in the conference. Michigan is. However, Michigan isn't BCS bowl eligible, and Illinois is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird thing is that, according to http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility to be BCS eligible, you need 9 wins AND be in the top 14. Michigan has only 8 wins and Illinois is only #15. It's certainly possible that Illinois can move up depending on who loses this weekend. But it's also possible that they won't move up.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome. Have two teams from the same conference ever played in a BCS game?

The game I'd most like to see would be USC vs. UGA. Unfortunately, the rose bowl dweebs have such a hard-on for their big10/pac10 matchup that we'll never see that.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are emphasizing too much how in love the Rose Bowl is with the B10. Not counting the years the Rose Bowl was the NC game, they took B12 teams in 2003 and 2005, even when there was an eligible Pac 10 team in 2005 (Cal).

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC in 2003 Iowa was picked by the Orange Bowl before the Rose got to pick and in 2005 Texas and Utah Automatically qualified which left Cal out.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Weird thing is that, to be BCS eligible, you need 9 wins AND be in the top 14. Michigan has only 8 wins and Illinois is only #15. It's certainly possible that Illinois can move up depending on who loses this weekend. But it's also possible that they won't move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennessee (#14) or Boston College (#11) would probably drop below Illinois with the expected losses. Hawaii would if they blow the game to Washington, as would ASU if they lose to Arizona.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but both 2003 and 2005 were before the 5 game BCS format.