Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Party Poker software sometimes does not save my notes!

I started noticing than party sometimes (not always) does not save my notes made on other players.
Today I even made an experiment. Wrote a note on a player, closed the notes window, a note mark appeared on a player (as usual), checked the file Notes.txt - no changes, closed party - no changes in Notes.txt, opened party again, found that player - the note mark disappeared, no notes on him.
I experienced this problem on my both computers with different operating systems.
Did anyone experience the same?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Party Poker software sometimes does not save my notes!

Yeah, I have this problem come up too at times. I 100% remember making notes on certain people, only for them to disappear. I think this more regularly happens when I'm datamining and enter a note as I am observing tables (although it probably happens when I am playing and taking notes too).

I have no idea if it helps, but send an email to Party, and if enough people whine, maybe in 2 years they will have an upgrade available to fix this.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:12 AM

Yes, this also happens to me, but not 100% of the time. Sometimes the notes I take get saved and sometimes they vanish.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post13045011

I thought about writing support, but there is no way in hell I will be able to make their hardly english-speaking support understand.

But thanks to party for the all cpu-consuming scrollers, the useless smileyfaces, the scracth-some-inca-ass promotion, not being able to use partypoints to buy stuff etc etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:10 AM

Here is the answer I got from Party:

"...the issue is known to us and is currently being looked into. In the meantime I can suggest a workaround so that you are still able to make player notes.
Once you have opened the PartyPoker software, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Go to this location on your computer's C drive: C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\Notes.txt
2. Open the txt file by double clicking on it. This is where the data that you type (whilst playing on the tables) should be stored.
3. Type in the screen name of the player followed by the ~ (no spaces) and then your comments relating to that player.

You can continue to view them by viewing the same file, or by right clicking on the player at the tables. At the moment only add notes by accessing this file and not from the table"

Brilliant solution!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

friend_ >> Last I heard, they denied there even was a problem, so this is a step up.

This is good, I will just open it in an editor while I play then. I suggest making a backup first though.