Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-19-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Some Features That Need to Make It into Online Poker

Why on earth are we discussing "running it twice" for online poker? The whole purpose of running it twice is to reduce variance. If you want to reduce variance then why not go the whole way and have an exact EV split? This also has the advantage that the remaining board cards don't even need to be dealt and we're onto the next hand faster.

I agree though that any variance reduction method would be a bad idea as it is the randomness of sessions that keeps the bad players interested.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Running it twice seems a little silly. You run it twice to reduce variance that is inherent when you only see 15 hands per fortnight. You see so many hands online that the variance problem more or less works itself out over a pretty short time. If you're seeing 10K, 20K, 30K+ hands per month you are effective running everything much more than twice.

But the live straddle? I'm all over that baby. Even better if you could put on the Mississippi straddle. Ohhhhh doctor.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Now this really wraps it up.

The argument we've been having is whether or not separate tables would be needed to distinguish the current tables from the tables which would include this new "run it twice" option for the sake of players who would never do it and have no interest in playing less hands/hour because of others at the tabling doing it.

If you really want to lessen the variance, you are trying to get it closer to the actual EV. If that's the case, just forget running the rest of the board, the RNG can easily chop the pot up according to EV and move on.

Although, i know full well that some players literally enjoy seeing the cards peel off when $ is on the line, running it twice or more would be more appealing than a pure EV chop for entertainment purposes, assuming the understand the reason for running it twice.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 AM

1. Live straddle tables would be fun

2. Run it twice? Please move down a couple of levels

3. staking feature sounds good - who wants to stake me for the sunday milllion? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4. min. buyin to 50bb or min. buyin to 100bb and max to 2-300bb
Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Ability to show card(s) to opponent.

I recall seeing a commercial for a site that had this way back when, but doubtful they're still around. Anyhoo, I'd love to have this at FT or PS.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 AM

1. Being able to play your hand blind and the other people at the table knowing your playing blind.

2. Check Bet in dark when first to act.

3. Allow showing of cards before river if HU.

4. Insurance from poker site. Site to take 1%

5. All in tables used for flips

6. Auto Reload to max.

7. Straddle why not on all tables.

8. Better options to create private tables and them to display in the main site list.
Mark.

I would not plan on using any of the above I just think the above options would make the bad players worse.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM

1 an2 sound cool but none are realistically gunna be implemented
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Where players are all in, option to split pot based on equity.
Turn over any hole card(s) in HU pots by double clicking the card you wanna show at any point in the hand.
Hide empty tables.
Prop betting.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM

1. Insurance with the site, you tick a box, you pay a certain amount => win => nothing happens / loss => you get like 2% less EV for the hand.

2. Stakaments => YESSSSSS
Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO

Scenario 1.....

Hero KhKc
Villain 6h7c
Board Kd3d4c

Villain: Run it twice?
Hero: No Thx

Scenario 2.....

Hero KhKc
Villain 9dTd
Board KdQd2h

Villain: Twice?
Hero: Sure.

I personally, would rather run it once when I'm a huge favorite, and more than once when the equity is rather close. The 2nd run lessens the variance so if I've got a small equity edge, during the current session, I'd rather lessen the variance for certain big pots at the time....

Although in reality, poker only means anything over the long run, which makes running it twice completely pointless, it's just my opinion on running it twice in certain sized pots in a certain game

[/ QUOTE ]so you admit you've been applying your opinion toward everyone in order to make your argument? do you also admit that auto-running it twice (given both players have it checked) has no obvious flaws since most people will not care about what % they have of winning the pot?