21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

[ QUOTE ]
i'll be honest, i'm fine with MDMA and everything, and i somewhat understand where he's coming from and i don't knwo the facts, but i must say i really like the way G Dollaz has come off in the thread. i really think he's handled himself better, i think the first one post was more pedestrian than most made it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'll be honest, i'm fine with MDMA and everything, and i somewhat understand where he's coming from and i don't knwo the facts, but i must say i really like the way G Dollaz has come off in the thread. i really think he's handled himself better, i think the first one post was more pedestrian than most made it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
apparently he had twice the winrate at 10/20 as anyone else. and no one would play him HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

does he no longer play? y didnt he play higher? so he was def considered party's best player ?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure he still plays, although nowhere near the volume he did when he played PP.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and samo is good, doesnt coach, but discusses poker with some dudes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% sure samo coaches, but is not currently taking on new students. from what I have heard he is a V good coach though
Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does empiremaker coach? O btw ive been coached by bobbo for several sessions now and he is an excellent coach but not available very often. He still plays often enough in a variety of games so his advice is in sink with the way the games are played today. He does not teach how to run good though, in face quite the opposite =).

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks nt - very nice words.

re: availability, this month has been weird since I've had two of these programs set up "bobbo camp" which ran for 4 days each, as well as the flu for a week where I limited myself on the computer. (Just watched alot of basketball)

for potential students, I'd love to coach you, but my availability is certainly in question. (Probably not free until December)
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 AM

Just woke up, check my emails and unfortunately have to start my day with a disappointment [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] :P

I've been following the thread... unfortunately, he will only do 1 on 1
coaching. :-(

Just his personal mantra... he doesn't like giving up information. That's
why his rate is so high.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 AM

I had a few sessions with MYNMZGREG. If you watch his videos on leggopoker clearly he is sick. I think his coaching reassured me in some standard spots and he gave me some alternate lines that might be excessive for 2/4 but got me thinking right when I moved up to 5/10 (for the 2nd time). He also is a sick hand reader. Like in a lot of spots I wouldn’t even care what my opponents had, I would just kind of be on autopilot, but he was constantly putting people on exact hands and accurate ranges. I would definitely recommend him.

Also, MDMA seems like a sick coach as well. So many successful msnl/hsnl players are recommending him. I am on the waiting lists, but super excited to work with him, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 AM

Well, I'm done with this, apparently these two "very well respected posters/players" that PM:d G_Dollaz is not going to come forward, which obviously means that they are not in fact very well respected posters and/or players at all, just two cowardly douchebags that do not dare to stand up for themselves. Too bad I apparently (?) accepted them earlier, and honestly it feels like [censored] to know that two ex-students of mine that I must obviously have spoken to before through sessions et al are backstabbing me like this, I really don't get people acting that way.

Furthermore, for people like dc publicus who feel I come accross are self-centered and egoistical, please re-read the first comment made by G_Dollaz. What point is there to writing "I had a bad experience...and MDMA's the reason I'll never ever get a coach that charges by the hour again...it took me quite a while to get back to my A-game", all while not being able to explain WHY he wasn't satisfied. If he had had some contructive words to say, something to POINT at, then at least it would serve some purpose, now he's just giving me bad PR without being able to name one thing that was bad, he just says "for some reason it didn't work for me", while saying he had a bad experience with me, I just don't see the point behind that and I think it's unfair to me.

For all of you thinking he has handled himself to well (yes all the quoters that is), do reread the first post and put your own name there instead of mine; I'm sure you will actually realize that it feels like [censored] to read that someone thinks you are a bad experience without saying one thing, not one thing, about why, instead of just "for some reason that I don't know, it didn't work out" and then going on about how you are the reason they'll never contact another coach, and that it took a lot of time to get back to their A-game (?!). I could have seen the point to the post if it had any substance; however, since he couldn't pinpoint even one factor as to why it was a bad experience, it thus lacked any real value as input in my opinion.

Also, a big thanks to the people (my students) who have shown their support and given testimony, I really appreciate it guys.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Yes MDMA, we know that that feedback doesn't make you feel great but that's not really a justification for being an [censored]. It's quite meaningful for someone who's considering coaching to know that there's someone out there who felt that he didn't get anything out of coaching from MDMA, even if he were unable to figure out why (and perhaps if he did know why, it wouldn't have been such a detrimental experience?). I think that there's nothing wrong or irresponsible about what he said, and that he tried his best to make his claim not seem negatively spun and emphasized that he found nothing wrong with you as a coach. Yeah maybe it hurts your business, but everyone else here has been capable of respecting other people's negative experiences without going apeshit all over a thread.

Also, you can seriously not imagine why those two people would not want you to know their names? Jesus. :X